Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC 892 YUL FCO July 1 reason for cancellation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2018, 12:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

Does anyone know why AC 892 was canceled?
Old Jul 2, 2018, 10:54 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Nothing useful in EF:

BRD/OFF POINTS REQUIRED THIS FLIGHT
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver
Thanks for checking.
Old Jul 2, 2018, 2:56 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
As with others, not sure about the reason, as most A330 planes seem accounted for last night in Montreal. They've doubled up FCO today with AC2092 that left at 4:30pm. Now, I've just checked a few flight status out of YUL tonight and AC870-AC832 are delayed, as they are awaiting an aircraft to be repositioned, with fin 931 down for maintenance in YUL - so it would not surprise me that this has something to do with it...

Last edited by YOWCDNFF; Jul 2, 2018 at 3:02 pm
Old Jul 3, 2018, 4:28 am

Programs: AC Altitude 35K, AA, Marriott Silver Elite, NEXUS
And continuing the fun...we were supposed to be on AC 842 (an A330) scheduled for last night...cancelled.....told us 3 hours before departure....no time to juggle....extra 787 section today but we had to scramble changing car rentals and hotels etc etc.....i can’t imagine the poor mom and pops at the airport being told who dont have iPhones etc....sometimes They really test my loyalty...and no Signature experience either.....I dunno....
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cruzcap
i can’t imagine the poor mom and pops at the airport being told who dont have iPhones etc....sometimes They really test my loyalty...and no Signature experience either.....I dunno....
Since when can one assume flying is like taking the train, and that schedule is reliable? Schedule is a just a best attempt and one should be fully prepared for uncertainty.

Starting with weather. Which as far as unpredictability is concerned, has not changed much since the Wright brothers.

(And since high speed, train schedules have gotten much more unreliable too BTW.)
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:23 am

Yeah, but nether of these cancellations appear to have been due to weather.

Sure equipment fails all the time as well, but it would really suck to be a FOTSG and have two cancellations on a TATL route. And probably for a vacation at that.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:24 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hopefully, things should come back to normal with the A330 fleet today. Fin 937 is being ferried to Toronto for the YYZ-YUL portion of AC834. AC834 is then continuing on FIN931 coming in from YVR, while 937 will end up in CDG as AC870. Not sure why they are having people on YYZ-YUL-GVA deplane and change plane in YUL though... 931 and 937 where the two defective FINs and now appear to be back in service...
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Bohemian1
Yeah, but nether of these cancellations appear to have been due to weather.

Sure equipment fails all the time as well, but it would really suck to be a FOTSG and have two cancellations on a TATL route. And probably for a vacation at that.
You rang? Yep, I had two cancellations for a vacation once, and I think it was my only two flights that year.
It's an excellent way of getting your customers to move to other airlines. But a great deal is not actually about "Your flights cancelled" but about "And this is how we are going to fix it".

And we know where AC falls on the second half of that, especially for non SE in Y. Of course, getting cancelled (and thereby, delayed) out of the EU these days can work out quite well if you don't have urgent plans at your destination.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
You rang? And we know where AC falls on the second half of that, especially for non SE in Y. Of course, getting cancelled (and thereby, delayed) out of the EU these days can work out quite well if you don't have urgent plans at your destination.
I fly a reasonable amount of TATL for business, but even I have thought about the EU comp when my flights starting showing delays.

Case in point, another FTer posted a thread about a positive experience they had with a delayed AC885, a flight I take all the time, including a trip next week. They got their EU cash comp faster than any future credit I got for a deflated seat and AC took reasonable care of them.

Not wishing for issues on AC mind you, but if they do happen, here's hoping it's on a flight out of Europe.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 2:42 pm

This is why I fly EU TATL eastward

This is why I fly EU carriers TATL eastward

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.