Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Changes to existing booking reference - Existing promotion code eligibility

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Changes to existing booking reference - Existing promotion code eligibility

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:56 pm
Original Poster

Changes to existing booking reference - Existing promotion code eligibility

Does anyone know if I had used a promotion code (ie: 15% off from the recent Amex promotion) for a ticket, and I made a change to the existing ticket (ie: changing cabin from economy to premium economy), whether the 15% would be applied to the change in fare or not? I've called Air Canada twice about this and have received 2 different answers.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Yes, it'll apply without needing the agent to do anything. They won't even notice.

You'll only risk an issue if you'd change from Domestic/TB to International and vice versa, or to something that isn't eligible.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:56 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by circky
I've called Air Canada twice about this and have received 2 different answers.
Well, there's your problem. Air Canada customer service is best reached via the Internet.

dr_torch and jc94 like this.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 2:56 pm

Sorry to hijack, but if you had used the 15% promotional code for 2 or 3 tickets but had to split them into their own separate booking reference #'s due to schedule changes for 1 passenger.
Would you still be able to get the 15% on each booking reference? Or would it be removed.

Thank you,
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:45 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Wups1
Sorry to hijack, but if you had used the 15% promotional code for 2 or 3 tickets but had to split them into their own separate booking reference #'s due to schedule changes for 1 passenger.
Would you still be able to get the 15% on each booking reference? Or would it be removed.

Thank you,
It works.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:59 am

I thought it only works if you don't change travel dates?
Old Jun 27, 2018, 4:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Well, there's your problem. Air Canada customer service is best reached via the Internet.

Disagree.

Air Canada customer service is best never reached. Full stop.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 10:49 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Disagree.

Air Canada customer service is best never reached. Full stop.
Did you actually follow that link to see where it ended up?
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Adam Smith
Did you actually follow that link to see where it ended up?
I just did. So we both agree. Disregard my disagree.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.