Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

15% off eligible AC Flex, Latitude, PE and Business for Amex Platinum cardholders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

15% off eligible AC Flex, Latitude, PE and Business for Amex Platinum cardholders

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2018, 7:33 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
Indeed, seem like...

Also, at least in one case I tried, lowest fare disappeared when entering the code.
A frequent occurrence, not just with Amex promo codes, but can happen with AC compensation promo codes as well. And not just cheapest Tango fares either, I've seen codes where cheapest J fares disappeared and were replaced by much more expensive "discounted" fares...
ffsim likes this.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
A frequent occurrence, not just with Amex promo codes, but can happen with AC compensation promo codes as well. And not just cheapest Tango fares either, I've seen codes where cheapest J fares disappeared and were replaced by much more expensive "discounted" fares...
I was actually looking at J fares.
Old May 31, 2018, 8:43 am

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I was actually looking at J fares.
P disappeared and now it wants you to buy Z at a 50% premium to the P fare, minus the 15% discount?
Old May 31, 2018, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

P disappeared and now it wants you to buy Z at a 50% premium to the P fare, minus the 15% discount?
Something like that, inded.

If I remove the code, P comes back.
Old May 31, 2018, 12:41 pm

Yeah, I've had that happen before as well.
Old May 31, 2018, 3:41 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
Got the email too.

Do these have to be booked at AMEX travel or can they be done on AC site paying with AMEX Plat.

Also is there a limit to only 1 booking or can more than 1 be booked as I have a Euro and a China flight within these time frames.??
Old May 31, 2018, 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
Got the email too.

Do these have to be booked at AMEX travel or can they be done on AC site paying with AMEX Plat.

Also is there a limit to only 1 booking or can more than 1 be booked as I have a Euro and a China flight within these time frames.??
Book these at the Aircanada.com website, and then apply the promo code to get a discount off the base fare only. I don't think you need to pay with your Amex Plat, seeing as others are able to use the codes shared with them by others.

Code can only be used once, but can be for up to 9 pax on the same booking.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by WKnight
Book these at the Aircanada.com website, and then apply the promo code to get a discount off the base fare only. I don't think you need to pay with your Amex Plat, seeing as others are able to use the codes shared with them by others.
However the ticket must apparently be paid for with an Amex card.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
You could try to make this using a multi-city booking, although promo codes add some weird rules to multi-city bookings.
Old May 31, 2018, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You could try to make this using a multi-city booking, although promo codes add some weird rules to multi-city bookings.
In one instance I found they would only allow codeshares, no legs on other airlines otherwise.
Old May 31, 2018, 5:29 pm

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
I've had Amex Platinum for a couple years now and did not get this, though my communication preferences are all checked off. This is second time it has happened now, so I phoned to inquire with CSR and he said he will look into it, but that it is for eligible card holders only. Not sure why I would not be eligible.
Old May 31, 2018, 11:12 pm

In one instance I found they would only allow codeshares, no legs on other airlines otherwise.
Promo codes can also negate the ability to use certain benefits of the fare, e.g. stopovers, that are permissible on a full-price booking.

Originally Posted by coleo
I've had Amex Platinum for a couple years now and did not get this, though my communication preferences are all checked off. This is second time it has happened now, so I phoned to inquire with CSR and he said he will look into it, but that it is for eligible card holders only. Not sure why I would not be eligible.
Perhaps you don't spend enough money. Or you spend too much. Or AC only wanted to target people who have been buying tickets from other airlines. Or it's people with a certain level of AC status. Who knows
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:49 am

Programs: AC SE 100k MM, SPG Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt Gold, Airmiles, AMEX
Perhaps you don't spend enough money. Or you spend too much. Or AC only wanted to target people who have been buying tickets from other airlines. Or it's people with a certain level of AC status. Who knows
That is my hunch, probably deemed unworthy given regular monthly AC charges and very few other airlines.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 8:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Posts that are soliciting discount codes have been deleted as that isn't permitted.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Jun 4, 2018, 10:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Finally managed to use mine. Paid for my Amex plat renewal plus a bit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.