Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Canadians admire 93 companies more than Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2018, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K

https://corporatereputationstudy.com...urvey_2018.pdf

WestJet was 53rd.

I think if I was on the board and we fell 75 points behind Canada Post I'd be asking some questions.
Bohemian1 likes this.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Sopwith
https://corporatereputationstudy.com...urvey_2018.pdf

WestJet was 53rd.

I think if I was on the board and we fell 75 points behind Canada Post I'd be asking some questions.
If the never ending race to the bottom, AC is really leading the way in many areas especially for the statusless travelling in Y (that being, most of the cabin).
All about trying to make a few bucks today and tomorrow is someone elses issue. I'd love to see the "Bad Opinion" % AC actually got.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:38 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
More like AC is in the top 100 admired companies out of billions and billions... and billions...?
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:58 pm
Original Poster

None of the big three telecoms made the list. I guess that’s something.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: Nexus/GE, UA/MPG, Bonvoy Tit, LTP
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
More like AC is in the top 100 admired companies out of billions and billions... and billions...?
Except only 241 were considered in the survey . So AC was in the top 100 of 241 and the lowest rated in its sector. Not great.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 3:21 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Fizzer
Except only 241 were considered in the survey . So AC was in the top 100 of 241 and the lowest rated in its sector. Not great.
Oh. Well, I admire Air Canada for this reason:

9 Notwithstanding subsection 10(1) of the Canada Business Corporations Act, the Corporation may continue to use and be legally designated by the name “Air Canada” on and after the day on which it becomes a corporation to which that Act applies.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
I m surprised that more people don't admire AC from a business point of view .
How a company makes a huge profit while providing a subpar product, only shows up on time half the time, and thinks the customer is the enemy, should be admired and a pretty good case study.
Old Apr 5, 2018, 8:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rankourabu
How a company makes a huge profit while providing a subpar product, only shows up on time half the time, and thinks the customer is the enemy, should be admired and a pretty good case study.
I guess I'm from the old school. I like to think that if you treat your customers the way AC does you will only get away with it until there is a viable alternative, and sooner or later it will bite you. Unfortunately in these modern times the experience of a number of notorious companies (AC, Rogers, Bell, RBC, etc) has shown that you actually can get away with treating your customers like crap as long as you keep the price down and position yourself to limit competition.
smallmj likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:05 am

Shoppers' and Crappy Tire are #2 and #3 , respectively?! Dang do Canadians have bad taste.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 1:25 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
The glass half full would be that Air Canada ranks in top 100 companies admired by Canadians
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:06 am

Programs: DL, AC, Bonvoy, Accor, Hilton
I direct your attention to the characteristics upon which the rating was determined.
-Financial success;
-Transparency& Honesty;
- Quality of products and services;
- Innovation;
- Corporate social responsibility.

The two key characteristics for transport companies were Transparency & honesty and Quality of products and services. In that regard, it is quite obvious why Air Canada did so poorly.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
I direct your attention to the characteristics upon which the rating was determined.
-Financial success;
-Transparency& Honesty;
- Quality of products and services;
- Innovation;
- Corporate social responsibility.

The two key characteristics for transport companies were Transparency & honesty and Quality of products and services. In that regard, it is quite obvious why Air Canada did so poorly.
I guess one out of five in the criteria is not bad (even if it is partially built because on a government subsidy in form of protectionism of market)
Old Apr 6, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
I guess one out of five in the criteria is not bad (even if it is partially built because on a government subsidy in form of protectionism of market)
Innovation? What other airline has six (if we split Flex into low and high) subsets of Y.
rankourabu likes this.
Old Apr 6, 2018, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sopwith
I guess I'm from the old school. I like to think that if you treat your customers the way AC does you will only get away with it until there is a viable alternative, and sooner or later it will bite you. Unfortunately in these modern times the experience of a number of notorious companies (AC, Rogers, Bell, RBC, etc) has shown that you actually can get away with treating your customers like crap as long as you keep the price down and position yourself to limit competition.
Reading another thread reminded me of Aimia, which is possibly the exception. They deserved to be bitten.
Old Apr 7, 2018, 1:25 pm

Programs: Lost it all and don't care
AC would have ceased to exist as an ongoing concern a very long time ago, had it not been for the overwhelming and long standing government financial and political assistance in their affairs, continuing today and going back for decades.

IMHO they do not even merit inclusion in the survey.
Fiordland and flybit like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.