Community
Wiki Posts
Search

First class with aeroplan

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2018, 9:10 pm

The 14 day rule on LH is interesting, didn't know that!
Old Jun 19, 2018, 12:21 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
I’m surprised nobody mentioned ANA/ NH F. I recently booked an one-way YYZ-ORD-NRT in September on AC J and NH F and the total taxes and fees were CAD $330.

Id take NH F over OZ F.
Old Jun 21, 2018, 5:26 pm

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, Bonvoy Gold, HHonors Diamond, VIA Premier, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by spriteguy
Does anyone know what route and when to book ANA First Class? I can't see to find any availability on Aeroplan, but I also am new at this. Thank you everyone!
I booked a couple of those, ORD to HND (and AC J as positioning flight). One was nearly 1 year out and the other a few months. You just have to check for availability regularly on the Aeroplan website. Or use ExpertFlyer (requires subscription) and set an alert for ANA First availability. Fantastic service and food, better than OZ F. However, I find the OZ F hard product better.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:07 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Golden Circle Jade
Originally Posted by Rowyourboat
See the mini-RTW guide for information on how to book a mini-RTW and how to maximize your flights.

I recently booked an F routing on Aeroplan so here's everything you need to know. These are the bookable *A carriers:
Air China
ANA
Asiana
Lufthansa
Singapore Airlines (short-haul, inter-asia basically)
Thai
United

Asiana has 3 F routes, ICN to LAX, JFK, and FRA. ICN-JFK is seasonal.
United flies everywhere but UA F isn't really worth it.
CA F has lots of routes, and I heard the hard product is pretty good.
Thai F has lots of routes from BKK to NRT, SYD, FRA, CDG, and others.
LH F has good routes from MUC/FRA to SFO/LAX/ORD/JFK/EWR/IAD/IAH/MIA/etc., but only releases 14 days before the flight departure. So you'd either have to book very close to flying, or call and upgrade later. ANA also has lots of routes, the US ones are to LAX/SFO/ORD/JFK/IAD. Pretty good availability.

So you need to decide where you want to go, and a lot of routes have a maximum permitted mileage. But generally speaking, you can get three first class flights in on any given route. A North America to Asia hope (ANA/Asiana/Air China), Asia to Europe (Thai/ANA/Asiana/Air China), and then Europe back to NA (Lufthansa). There's variations where you go from Asia to Australia on TH F, or you go for inter-asia F with Thai/SQ. Even BKK to NRT is a 6 hour flight and a good amount of time to enjoy a F cabin.

Each redemption will cost about 200-215K miles, so you're covered for two people. What helped me a lot in planning was using Mini RTW listing - Turn Left AtTurn Left At. I would just check the "current" rule, enter cities I wanted (JFK, ICN, etc.) and then found valid itineraries. Then I used the United and Aeroplan sites to find availability for segments. Once it was all available for the dates I wanted, I called Aeroplan to book.
Thanks for your informative post. Does the LH F routes show up in AP search at T-14?

I tried searching Nov 10, 11, 12 ,13 for a bunch of combinations from german to US cities and did not find any availability. Is there another search tool or only the AP agents can see it?
Old Oct 30, 2018, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by cennis
Thanks for your informative post. Does the LH F routes show up in AP search at T-14?

I tried searching Nov 10, 11, 12 ,13 for a bunch of combinations from german to US cities and did not find any availability. Is there another search tool or only the AP agents can see it?
They show up on AP website. Availability is not great. Look closer, maybe T-5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.