Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The NO THANKS CONCIERGE thread: Documenting the failure and deviation of the service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NO THANKS CONCIERGE thread: Documenting the failure and deviation of the service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I haven't played with this post-1A but that's not how it worked before.

You only have one segment: YYZ-BOM. You either clear it or you don't.

Previously, it was the same upgrade priority for everyone (cabin/status/fare/check-in time).

So as it it went down the list, it was just a matter of "is there a seat on this person's flight" (which in this case would be YYZ-LHR or YYZ-BOM).

So a 25K could clear an upgrade on YYZ-BOM, taking the last seat "on LHR-BOM", while an SE MM was on the list for LHR-BOM.
Assuming this is following a similar role to the old 33/34 when it was YYZ-SYD-YYZ. If your upgrade did not clear YYZ-YVR, you are still on the list for YVR-SYD. I would imagine the same rules would apply in this case
Old Jan 11, 2024, 1:05 pm

Likely it has changed post Amadeus
I was on YYZ-(YUL)-MXP and one day before departure there was (presumably) a deadheading pilot added to YUL-MXP, overbooking the J cabin on that segment. I saw one passenger (who presumably booked the direct YYZ-MXP route) being bumped to the top of the EUP list, on both YYZ-YUL and YUL-MXP, they were confirmed in PY and #1 for J. In the end the pax cleared YYZ-YUL back to J but stayed in PY for YUL-MXP.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 2:15 pm

Programs: AC SE

So a 25K could clear an upgrade on YYZ-BOM, taking the last seat "on LHR-BOM", while an SE MM was on the list for LHR-BOM.
I dont disagree that they *could*, but generally am working on the assumption that there's a high likelihood of YYZ-LHR seeing more SE MM / SE traffic than LHR-BOM
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:26 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM

I flew YYZ-BOM with the "hairpin though LHR T2 security" stop last year. This is exactly how it worked - my upgrade cleared at the gate in YYZ for YYZ-BOM in one shot.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 3:34 pm

Programs: AC SEMM / HH Diamond
Originally Posted by lcohen999
Assuming this is following a similar role to the old 33/34 when it was YYZ-SYD-YYZ. If your upgrade did not clear YYZ-YVR, you are still on the list for YVR-SYD. I would imagine the same rules would apply in this case
Yes, I have lived exactly that; my YYZ-YVR upgrade (on 33) did not clear, but the YVR-SYD upgrade (on 33) did (at the YVR gate). This is, of course, many years ago - so who knows how many rules have changed since then - but your expectations match mine.
Old Jan 12, 2024, 5:45 pm

Programs: AC*SE
So more of a structural complaint than a specific issue, but I had a flight cancelled today with rescheduling tomorrow that just wouldn't work. I got hold of a call centre concierge who said there were no options, especially rebooking on another airline (she suggested refunding my ticket and be buying one from them). After mentioning concierges had done similar things before she told me that she was just a call centre agent and airport concierges had the ability to do more than them.

Isn't the whole point of the call centre agents that they can do the same things as the airport ones except for any airport?

Anyway, it made me feel like I was just talking to the booking line, but eventually she teleconference an airport agent in and we got the change done (so good news), but that call centre. How frustrating.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So this morning I try calling the concierge line.

Get to the 2FA thing, get the message fine. Try etering the number on my iphone, somehow they don't get it. Try again, this time instead of keying it, I say it, OK go to next step, 1 for travelling today, otherwise 2. So I type 1, no reaction. System ends up hanging up on me.

No more working concierge line I suppose. Surely I am not the only one to whom this is happening. I had the same issue trying to enter my credit card number the other day, BTW.

(Thinking again, even if going through, probably would not have helped. I was at the MCO zoo, priority is everything from 25k to SE, huge line. I merely wanted to add TSA Pre to my BP and I wondered if concierges could help. But surely no concierge at MCO... And I probably should have added my trusted traveller number when checking in...)
Old Jan 16, 2024, 4:46 pm

Programs: AC SE, FOTSG Platinum
Gave up after 15 minutes on hold, from a phone call with a concierge who was quite certain that there was no such thing as a booking with different PNRs for different non-AC carriers, and had to go find a supervisor.

Emailed the main concierge address. 8 hours later, no response.

Called back in and got an answer in 60 seconds flat.

Last edited by YOWgary; Jan 17, 2024 at 2:41 pm
Old Jan 19, 2024, 2:48 pm

Programs: AC SE 2MM, too many others
Originally Posted by YOWgary
Gave up after 15 minutes on hold, from a phone call with a concierge who was quite certain that there was no such thing as a booking with different PNRs for different non-AC carriers, and had to go find a supervisor.

Emailed the main concierge address. 8 hours later, no response.

Called back in and got an answer in 60 seconds flat.
Pretty clear that no one is dealing with emails on a timely basis. Only phone the line. Or cross your fingers and pray.
Old Apr 20, 2024, 6:35 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Today I called the concierge for a simple SDC, An earlier flight YYJ-YVR. I had to HUCA, and still didn’t get results.

1st call advised there was no space available (flight showing all 9s in all classes, so, not true).

2nd call advised that because it was an aeroplan ticket (biz low) that she couldn’t do it, but offered to transfer me to aeroplan.

We arrived at airport and the change was completed quickly and no charge.

The good news is there was no wait time, that issue seems to be fixed for me over the last few phone calls.

Last edited by Nitehawk; Apr 21, 2024 at 7:11 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.