Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

The NO THANKS CONCIERGE thread: Documenting the failure and deviation of the service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The NO THANKS CONCIERGE thread: Documenting the failure and deviation of the service

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by totti
Agree. The FRA concierges are usually very good and helpful though they let me down on my most recent flight. I lost a pouch with cables and noticed it when I got to the luggage belt. I emailed them and only got a reply 2 days later telling me I should file a lust item request through the website. Not very helpful.
Again, the e-mail likely goes to the central concierge pool, which apparently are mostly manning the priority reservation phone lines (as they identify themselves when you call reservations). Not the local FRA concierge I suspect.

It would seem more and more if you want to deal with an airport concierge, you need to approach them in-person. :-(
Old Sep 26, 2022, 10:57 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
Again, the e-mail likely goes to the central concierge pool, which apparently are mostly manning the priority reservation phone lines (as they identify themselves when you call reservations). Not the local FRA concierge I suspect.
No. The local concierge e-mails go only to the local concierges. The central concierges only have access to the generic concierge e-mail address. If you e-mail the FRA concierge office, no one at the YMQ call centre is picking that up, and some stations will set an out of office letting you know that the concierge desk is closed for the night and when they'll be back.
Wings100 likes this.

Last edited by Adam Smith; Sep 26, 2022 at 5:05 pm Reason: Corrected typo
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:25 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by Stranger

It would seem more and more if you want to deal with an airport concierge, you need to approach them in-person. :-(
I can confirm Adam Smith 's statement. The airport specific concierge emails only go to those stations. I have spoken to concierges at multiple stations and they confirmed this is the case.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:32 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
If I am tight for time I email the local station and cc the central concierge, hoping for a faster response. I do find it extremely frustrating not to be able to get a quick response from the concierge service. Day of travel requests are typically time sensitive in nature.

My last encounter I was waiting to board a delayed transborder flight out of YYZ, I emailed the YYZ concierge suggesting a reroute that would help me. I got a reply saying they had sent to inquiry to Montreal and it may require a reprice. Then I responded again and explained why I thought it was a reasonable request. Eventually I got a call from the YYZ concierge offering to reroute me, but I had already boarded my delayed flight so it was a little late.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 1:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No. The local concierge e-mails go only to the local concierges. The central concierges only have access the generic concierge e-mail address. If you e-mail the FRA concierge office, no one at the YMQ call centre is picking that up, and some stations will set an out of office letting you know that the concierge desk is closed for the night and when they'll be back.
Given that no one answers the phone, how does one actually email a local concierge? Are email addresses documented somewhere?
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Originally Posted by InTheAirGuy
Given that no one answers the phone, how does one actually email a local concierge? Are email addresses documented somewhere?
Has a local station ever emailed you before? The email addresses all follow a similar pattern... If you know one, you know them all.
vernonc likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jebby_ca
Has a local station ever emailed you before? The email addresses all follow a similar pattern... If you know one, you know them all.
Got it. Thanks for the tip. Good to know!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My last one was on July 31:

Hello/Bonjour
Mr. Kennedy: An update on your flight
now departing at 1:40pm arriving Toronto at 9:33pm due to the late inbound aircraft (flight AC737 already on its way to SFO- landing at 11:55am) Boarding will begin at 12:55pm from gate D12
Terminal 2. Please kindly take the connector hallway- direction gates E
F
and G for the closest United lounge near your departure gate (about 5 minute walk) Any updates will be forward to you regarding your flight. We apologize for the inconvenience and we thank you for your patience. Warm regards
Luis SFO Concierge
Completely unprompted, and I'm usually aware of things like that. But I definitely get these from SFO every now and then. I think I've had one other from YYZ (based on a quick email search), but it was based on some previous concierge contact that day, so not completely unprompted.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
No. The local concierge e-mails go only to the local concierges. The central concierges only have access to the generic concierge e-mail address. If you e-mail the FRA concierge office, no one at the YMQ call centre is picking that up, and some stations will set an out of office letting you know that the concierge desk is closed for the night and when they'll be back.
If I get this right, that would be if you indeed happen to know the e-mail of the local concierge? Or are these available somewhere for SEs?

They do not seem to give a concierge card anymore. Looking at contacts on the app, they only hive the central e-mail address, "pre-travel or in transit."

(But yes, searching through old e-mails, I guess I can figure it out...)
Old Sep 26, 2022, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
yes, I get responses all the time
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Todays' adventure had me giving up on someone answering the phone on the SE line after 12 minutes, so I tried Concierge, and gave up after 10 minutes, and then tried the SE line again, and gave up after this 13 minutes. 8AM EST.

Again, what is the actual point of this service?
Old Sep 27, 2022, 7:25 am

Programs: AC SE
Not as bad as when I waited 75mins on the concierge line to do an SDC.
vernonc likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:55 am

So last night I had a flight delayed more than 3 hours. I emailed the concierge desk general email telling them I had gone to a hotel and to rebook me on specific flights the next day.

After I didn't get a quick reply I cc'd the YYZ concierge (the flight went through YYZ) and resent the email. YYZ answered right away saying they couldn't do anything (why not?), but that the central concierge desk could help.

It's now the next morning, and central concierge still hasn't responded. I wonder if there's even still space on the flights I wanted.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:45 pm

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
The system is truly broken
Nitehawk and YYC3722 like this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
So last night I had a flight delayed more than 3 hours. I emailed the concierge desk general email telling them I had gone to a hotel and to rebook me on specific flights the next day.

After I didn't get a quick reply I cc'd the YYZ concierge (the flight went through YYZ) and resent the email. YYZ answered right away saying they couldn't do anything (why not?), but that the central concierge desk could help.

It's now the next morning, and central concierge still hasn't responded. I wonder if there's even still space on the flights I wanted.
In the the end I got a response, 14hrs after my first email. It was from a favourite concierge. This time however he did not do what I asked, he just said "for urgent matters call 1-833-xxx-xxxx."

It would have been nice if he did what I asked in the email, instead I called, waited on hold for 35 minutes, and then asked them to read my email.

Concierge service is not what it used to be. I hope they fix it, because it's almost not worth being SE without useful and timely concierge service.
​​​​
YYC3722 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.