Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada Lost Item

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2018, 3:08 am

Programs: *G^2, Bonvoyed, NEXUS
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I flew HND-SYD on NH, in J. I left my hoody at my seat.

It was not worth much, and it was hot in SYD, so I didn't do anything. I was flying back 3 days later. However, it occurred to me that I had to get from HND to NRT, and it was not warm in TYO. I had nothing other than t-shirts.

At check-in, I asked about it. The contract agent directed me to an NH agent at the end of the counter. I handed over my inbound boarding pass, and said I left my hoody. She immediately knew about it, and went to fetch it form an office. They had shrink-wrapped it and prepared it for shipping (presumably to my home?).

I was very impressed. I don't know if this would have happened at NRT/HND. The NH's small presence at SYD may have made it easy for a few employees to handle the few issues.

But I was very impressed.
Similar story with OZ. Was flying HKG-ICN-SFO, with about 3 hours in ICN. On the HKG-ICN flight One of my iPhone lightning 3.5 mm adapters stopped working and I put in a small storage crevice on the J seat and then forgot about it.

At the boarding gate for the ICN-SFO segment when they scanned my boarding card it alarmed (they had set a flag) and they then presented me with the found adapter in a plastic bag. I was also super impressed that they even found it in the seat to begin with as it was not visually noticeable
flyquiet likes this.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by jasdou
Does AC ever hosts auction sales for unclaimed lost items? Or do they bulk sell this stuff to a third party?
I don't think AC ends up with many of these items.

If you're still at the airport when you realize you've lost an item, go to lost baggage.
They seem to have the best ability to look for items.
Old Mar 6, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
I used to have good memories and experience that Air Canada at least tried to bring the items in the j cabin I lost to me. In the last two years, my experience seems that they changed the policy (I have no documents to prove though) that once I lost any items in the airplane, they are gone forever. The main reason might be the turnaround time requires the cabin-grooming staffs to vacuum out anything and dispose everything immediately. I lost a few things and tried to beg the concierges for help, without any success. The concierges answers seem also standardized: I will contact you if someone turns up your item.

Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SE100K
Originally Posted by xray
At Christmas, my husband left his Boses in the seatback pocket in J SFO-YVR. He didn't realize until two days later when we were leaving to return to the airport to fly home. I asked at checkin counter and the agent told me about the counter in domestic arrivals baggage claim. We went there and they actually found them ! It was a Christmas miracle. I was pretty incredulous...
That's nice hear. That is exactly what I left on the plane in J - Bose headphones and earbud charger in the seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.