Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn Your Wings (EYW) 2018 v7

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
Originally Posted by jasdou
Also, am I the only one considering stopping 30 times at Esso to put just a few dollars of gas each time to max out the Power of Three badge and earn 500 wings?
is ESSO still a partner
Old Apr 9, 2018, 4:52 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Yes, Esso is still a partner until May 31. I got some EYW gas today and they still took my card.
traacs likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 6:14 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
So, with two cars in the family, I went to Esso 2x today for EYW gas.
The second station has relatively old pumps, so I had to go inside to swipe the aeroplan and then CC.
At first, the attendant told me they did not take my (black SE) card. When I explained that it was indeed an aeroplan card, she said she had never seen one like that.

So, two things ....
My wife is not nearly as amused by this story as I am.
and
AC traffic out of YSA is pretty light
Old Apr 9, 2018, 8:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
I figured out the Round-Trip Express Commuter Badge through some Tweeting and playing with their calculator. At least, I think so.

A-B and B-A forms a round trip. 5 of these pairs earns the badge.

It seems to be just segment based though.

A-B-C-A and A-C-B-A would count as 3 round trips.

Quite a lot of flights required for a measly 250 wings.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:10 pm

YEG-YWG isn't granting a Wing Tip badge in their calculator. I haven't tested all combinations, but YHZ-YVR does work.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:41 pm

Wow their calculator is totally not working. I was trying to use it to verify mine, but I ended up using pencil and paper to check both of them.

I don't have the patience to determine if it's just the East Coast Badge or if it's all Globetrotters, but it's not working.
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:42 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Looks like it's off to a great start LMAO, if they cant even calculate correctly - what are the odds the correct wings will be deposited?
Old Apr 9, 2018, 9:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Looks like it's off to a great start LMAO, if they cant even calculate correctly - what are the odds the correct wings will be deposited?
It's not hard for them to fix the logic and rerun it. They did that several times in v6.

It's just annoying that with the second test case I decided to write (the first explicitly handled Round Trip Express Commuter), I broke it with all of 6 segments. I am 100% sure my result is accurate, and theirs is not.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:54 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not hard for them to fix the logic and rerun it. They did that several times in v6.

It's just annoying that with the second test case I decided to write (the first explicitly handled Round Trip Express Commuter), I broke it with all of 6 segments. I am 100% sure my result is accurate, and theirs is not.
AC Test Code Coverage: 0%
Old Apr 10, 2018, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
AC Test Code Coverage: NaN%

You'd actually have to have a test suite and CI to get a number.
canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 1:42 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Up, Up, and Away Badge is worth 200 Wings when you use eUpgrades, bid upgrades or paid upgrades for eligible flights during the booking and travel periods.
I assume this means ONE BADGE per flight and not per take-off/landing?
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:06 pm

Programs: AC SE100K (*G), WJ G, DL, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Ultimate Champion Badge Clarification

I sent an "rule clarification" inquiry email to EYW on April 5 and heard back today. A quick turnaround, though not a particularly decisive (and thus helpful) response:

My question:
RULE CLARIFICATION PLEASE:
For Ultimate Champion Badge -- I'm on Team Silver Dart. I understand I get 300 wings every time I complete 4 domestic/transborder and 1 international flight. And, if my team wins then I get 50% bonus on the flights where I earned the 300 wings. MY QUESTION: if I fly 50 domestic flights and 2 international flights (let's say, one roundtrip) as follows:
  • 20 domestic
  • 2 international
  • 30 domestic
Which 8 domestic segments are going to count for the 50% bonus at the end through the Championship badge (assuming Team Silver Dart wins). My first 8? my last 8 prior to the two international? my first 8 after the 2 international??

Response from EYW:
I believe the system will automatically compile the first eligible flights, so in this case most likely your first 8 domestic trips will be calculated along with your 2 international flights towards the team challenge badge.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:12 pm

Clarification(!) from EYW

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I don't understand the Round Trip Express Commuter Badge.

What defines a "round trip" ?
Hey CanadianCow, I had asked basically that question to the EYW Email on April 5 and heard back today.... LOL, not sure it's helpful based on your comments about the mileage calculator not working properly:

My question to them:
For the Round-Trip Express Commuter Badge, how are you defining Round-Trip?
  • presumably a single round trip on one PNR counds? ie. YEG - YYC - YEG
  • can multiple round trips be on one PNR? ie. YWG - YEG - YYC - YEG - YWG would this be a round trip between YWG/YEG and a round trip between YEG/YYC?
  • What about open jaw? ie. YWG - YEG, YEG-YYC, YEG-YWG all on one PNR -- will that count as a round trip YWG/YEG?
  • Or, what about YWG YEG on one pnr and then a week later YEG YWG on a different PNR -- is that still a round trip between YWG/YEG?
  • And finally, are any two one-ways counted? ie. YWG - YEG on one PNR and later YWG - YEG again on another PNR --- is that a round trip YWG/YEG?
The Response from EYW:
We suggest you try putting all of these flight combinations into the Flight Calculator at https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/...lay#calculator – eligible combinations and Badges should be caught by the system there, and it's a great way to see in advance what can be earned.
Old Apr 10, 2018, 4:21 pm

Just FYI -- I just tried their suggestion of entering tons of flights into the calculator to see what qualifies for the round trip commuter badge and yes, it appears that one flight between a city pair and the return IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION is a round-trip, regardless of what order or when (presumably different PNRs - although the calculator doesn't help with that).

I tried 5 true round trips but with other flights in between outbound and inbound on one of them, and the badge appeared. I then tried with one of the "round trip" routings changed to the same routing but the same direction both times (ie. YWG-YEG and YWG-YEG rather than YWG-YEG and YEG-YWG) and the badge DID NOT show up.

And yes, those ten flights would get you the badge worth 250 pts
Old Apr 10, 2018, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by padraigincanada
I sent an "rule clarification" inquiry email to EYW on April 5 and heard back today. A quick turnaround, though not a particularly decisive (and thus helpful) response:

My question:
RULE CLARIFICATION PLEASE:
For Ultimate Champion Badge -- I'm on Team Silver Dart. I understand I get 300 wings every time I complete 4 domestic/transborder and 1 international flight. And, if my team wins then I get 50% bonus on the flights where I earned the 300 wings. MY QUESTION: if I fly 50 domestic flights and 2 international flights (let's say, one roundtrip) as follows:
  • 20 domestic
  • 2 international
  • 30 domestic
Which 8 domestic segments are going to count for the 50% bonus at the end through the Championship badge (assuming Team Silver Dart wins). My first 8? my last 8 prior to the two international? my first 8 after the 2 international??

Response from EYW:
I believe the system will automatically compile the first eligible flights, so in this case most likely your first 8 domestic trips will be calculated along with your 2 international flights towards the team challenge badge.
You read that badge WAY differently than I do, but their response is odd.

I read it as: If you earn 3000 wings from the Team Silver Dart Badge (i.e. 10 of them), and Team Silver Dart wins, you get a bonus 1500 wings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.