Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Anyone know what happened to AC44 today? (15Feb)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Avis CHM, Hertz Plat, National EE, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Le Club Plat, CX Gold

Anyone know what happened to AC44 today?

Departed YVR and ended up in YYC a few hours later.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:17 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Medical emergency. Details from EF:

ELDERLY PAX WITH DIABETES/ BLOOD SUGAR COMPLICATIONS/UNABLE TO NORMALIZE SITUATION FLIGHT DIVERTED TO YYC FOR PSGR MEDICAL EMERGENCY..FURTHER DLYD DUE TO RECREW FOPS OFF AC226
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Maybe they gave him regular Coke when he asked for Zero, but he was unable to tell the difference.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: AAexp, AC75k, HertzPC, NationalEE, Accor/MariottP, Hilton/HyattG
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Maybe they gave him regular Coke when he asked for Zero, but he was unable to tell the difference.
Hahahahahahahahah wow I'm crying that was savage
Old Feb 16, 2018, 11:55 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by SKYEG
Hahahahahahahahah wow I'm crying that was savage
It's hard to tell, but this might not have been a joke. And it's entirely possible.

I wonder, what service does AC provide in these cases? Let's pretend it was the passengers fault, AC had to re-direct a plane and then delayed getting passengers onto wherever possibly leading to them having to pay for food/accommodation. It's clearly not weather, so would they help passengers out here? If it was the crews fault, would that make a difference.

And for reference, I'm talking about what AC will do as matter of course, without involving lawyers.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by jc94
It's hard to tell, but this might not have been a joke. And it's entirely possible.

I wonder, what service does AC provide in these cases? Let's pretend it was the passengers fault, AC had to re-direct a plane and then delayed getting passengers onto wherever possibly leading to them having to pay for food/accommodation. It's clearly not weather, so would they help passengers out here? If it was the crews fault, would that make a difference.

And for reference, I'm talking about what AC will do as matter of course, without involving lawyers.
Let's pretend it was caused by AC... would they admit it? I mean, the guy just didn't know he had diabetes and asked for an extra-sugary shirley temple and at 20m in flight they were eagerly dispensing drinks?

I'd imagine a medical emergency is uncontrollable, so any accommodation would be rendered at that standard. Fault isn't a word I'd use, but it was the result of having unpredictable passengers onboard.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
Let's pretend it was caused by AC... would they admit it? I mean, the guy just didn't know he had diabetes and asked for an extra-sugary shirley temple and at 20m in flight they were eagerly dispensing drinks?

I'd imagine a medical emergency is uncontrollable, so any accommodation would be rendered at that standard. Fault isn't a word I'd use, but it was the result of having unpredictable passengers onboard.
AC will admit nothing. I don’t know if it’s possible to determine what sort of coke he had drunk, without an autopsy which would be a little inconvenient.

A medical emergency is uncontrollable. But it’s not normally an act of god. I’m amazed AC ever considers it admits to anything being controllable. I mean, if they could control it why would they not.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by jc94
It's not a joke. Flying with diabetes

In that post, I even said that one day this may cause a diversion.

I have no idea what happened in THIS case, but it hits close to home for me.
quantumofforce likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 7:34 pm

How come they didn't go to YEG?
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/...930Z/CYVR/CYYC
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: Bottom feeder Star Gold
Originally Posted by tracon
How come they didn't go to YEG?
It would have created too much false excitement for any punished Edmontonians that saw it land.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by tracon
I was wondering the same thing last night. The only reason I can think of, it was for operational reasons, such as getting a replacement crew. (that may have arrived on AC 226).
Old Feb 16, 2018, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
It's not a joke. Flying with diabetes

In that post, I even said that one day this may cause a diversion.

I have no idea what happened in THIS case, but it hits close to home for me.
Yeah though I forget all the details I do remember that thread. What’s next, “there are no peanuts in the pad thai”?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.