Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada snubs loyal customer

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AC nadda, DL, WS-Nadda
Originally Posted by jazzsax
The fact she went to CBC over a small issue shows she's making a mountain out of a molehill. Really? Need to go to the CBC because you are afraid of walking by someone?

People could bump her in the Zone 1 / 2 / 58 line and cause the same issues unintentionally.

The flight attendants moved the man away from her. They had police and whatnot speak to the passenger. I would assume they would determine if he was a safety risk before deciding to move him (ie, remove him from flight instead).

She says she "suggested" she could use the front washroom. Did she actually state she was afraid to pass the man? Perhaps if she was more specific they might have been fine with letting her use the washroom. Regardless of whether she's pregnant or not, this would open a can of worms anytime someone gets moved for whatever reason.

Got moved so a family could sit together? Got moved because of a seat swap? Way too many reasons to start making exceptions. You'll see a constant stream running to the front.

Did she tell the FA's she was pregnant? The article doesn't state that she said that either.

Yes, common courtesy would say give her the benefit of the doubt, but again you're setting a precedent. She asked for them to take care of the circumstance and they did to the best of their abilities. It's a 2 hour flight give or take (excluding time on the ground). We aren't talking about YVR-SYD or anything long.

It's only a matter of time before we see more craziness on CBC regarding AC... "Transgendered person upset AC would not let them use J lavatory because they felt uncomfortable passing white male holding bible". Wouldn't shock me. :P
Nice of you to bring the CBC into your rant. But I could swear the link went to global's site and not the CBC.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:21 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
38 weeks is an issue... unless you have a
doctors note. 36 weeks is not (unless in say Air Transat).

Bear in mind it’s not really 9 months, it’s 40 weeks, that just tends to be about 9 months cos you know, 4x12 is 48 not 52 which all those pesky months with > 28 days.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer

Perhaps the only seats available were in Y. There have been times when that's all I could get and I was forced to sit amongst the great unwashed. In respect to the FA, it is possible she had one of those infamous gems working the plane. All it takes is one jerk FA.
Sure. But that does not explain why the SD would not let an SE 36 weeks pregnant use the front bathroom.

Also remember, the captain was involved initially.
Old Feb 14, 2018, 10:25 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by yul36
Nice of you to bring the CBC into your rant. But I could swear the link went to global's site and not the CBC.
Hello there

Did you read post 12 and post 47 and a few of the corrections made by other posters in between?
If you did scroll back there, you'd see I pointed out it was Global. @jazzsax corrected his mistaken assumption in post 16.

As for bringing CBC into a rant or a thread here on AC FT, it's kind of like auto-reflex.
It will likely take a few more therapy sessions to get people to break the CBC-Air Canada habit. LOL
Old Feb 15, 2018, 5:28 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Alaska 75K, United Platinum
I’m not siding with preggers here. We really don’t have any concrete proof or evidence that the gentleman next to her did anything wrong. All that can be confirmed at this point is that a woman dramic enough to contact the media because she allegedly felt threaten, made an unsubstantiated claim against another passenger which the flight crew is obviously obligated to respond to. The other passenger was stable enough to change to what was likely an inferior seat without causing any sort of fuss. The police were never contacted and so far we haven’t seen any sort of cell phone videos from other passengers showing an outraged, aggressive passenger like the one described in the article.

I do think this woman’s attitude reaks of entitlement and the only mistake the flight crew made IMO was not accepting her re-quest to de-plane. Personally don’t think it would have been a big deal for her to use the J bathroom, but then again I don’t speak for the other passengers who may value that sort of bathroom exclusivity when they consider the price of their tickets.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:00 am

No news here here. Its all about safe space as far as I see it. The lady should not be traveling with her current state of mind. She could have been a nuisance on the subsequent flight as well. De-planing was not a solution but no flying is.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:13 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by EbonyTatas
I do think this woman’s attitude reaks of entitlement and the only mistake the flight crew made IMO was not accepting her re-quest to de-plane.
We only know an article was written, which proves only she responded to a reporters questions. We don't know how the reporter found out about the incident.

And the crew, at least before the door is closed, does not need to "accept" the PAX de-planing. She could just leave. Again, we don't know the details of the conversation, notice of inconveniencing 100 random strangers needing to wait to have her bag pulled isn't a threat or a negotiating tactic, but a statement of reality.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:38 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by EbonyTatas
I’m not siding with preggers here. We really don’t have any concrete proof or evidence that the gentleman next to her did anything wrong. All that can be confirmed at this point is that a woman dramic enough to contact the media because she allegedly felt threaten, made an unsubstantiated claim against another passenger which the flight crew is obviously obligated to respond to. The other passenger was stable enough to change to what was likely an inferior seat without causing any sort of fuss. The police were never contacted and so far we haven’t seen any sort of cell phone videos from other passengers showing an outraged, aggressive passenger like the one described in the article.

I do think this woman’s attitude reaks of entitlement and the only mistake the flight crew made IMO was not accepting her re-quest to de-plane. Personally don’t think it would have been a big deal for her to use the J bathroom, but then again I don’t speak for the other passengers who may value that sort of bathroom exclusivity when they consider the price of their tickets.
You lost me with your first sentence.
ffsim likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
You lost me with your first sentence.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who stopped reading at that point, too.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:00 am

Expecting to be able to use the business class toilet when flying in economy is just ridiculous regardless of Altitude status.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:10 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Expecting to be able to use the business class toilet when flying in economy is just ridiculous regardless of Altitude status.
Generally agree. Except this story is about someone asking (ie not expecting) to use the J lav under particularly unusual circumstances. Surely everyone can recognize that distinction...
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: AC E50 MM, WJ Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite Lifetime
Originally Posted by Clipper801
Don't want to give AC any ideas but maybe a J Class washroom pass is coming for Y travellers!
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stinger
Don't want to give AC any ideas but maybe a J Class washroom pass is coming for Y travellers!
Free for SEs?
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:48 am

Originally Posted by Stranger
Free for SEs?
Funny, I thought SEs could all afford to sit in J
canadiancow likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
Originally Posted by ffsim

Funny, I thought SEs could all afford to sit in J
I wish !
ffsim likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.