Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Upgrade availability difference - Latitude Flight Pass and Website Latitude Fare

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade availability difference - Latitude Flight Pass and Website Latitude Fare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

Just noticed that there appears to be a difference in the number of flights available for upgrade between the Latitude Flight Pass and the Website Latitude Flight (e.g.. for a flight next week from YVR to YUL). There are considerably more immediate Upgrades for Web-based Latitude Fares vs the Flight Pass. This never occurred in the past...is this new???? I thought that the Flight pass was a Latitude Fare that allowed immediate updgrade...same as any Latitude Fare on the Website.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My suspicion is that the FP tool is looking for R space, and the website is looking for Z.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:34 am

It is a glitch from last year,FP is showing R space and the website is still showing P space. That have corrected the eupgrade page, so even if you book from the website, if R space is not available you will be on stand-by.
The confusion came from last year with P class being used to upgrade for a while.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by smorin
It is a glitch from last year,FP is showing R space and the website is still showing P space. That have corrected the eupgrade page, so even if you book from the website, if R space is not available you will be on stand-by.
The confusion came from last year with P class being used to upgrade for a while.
Uhhh???

You got that upside down. Latitude *can* upgrade from P international, Z NA. Was not just for a while.

I suspect the FP page only looks at R, while the actual upgrade page allows for upgrades if there is P (international) or Z (NA). Usually at least... That is, when it works as it should.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: *$ Green
Is it appropriate to make a need R space joke in this thread?

Unsure on how to proceed.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:45 am

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Is it appropriate to make a need R space joke in this thread?

Unsure on how to proceed.
I'd say no, because it's close enough to being on-topic that it would be taken seriously.

However, in my SDC thread, feel free.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Stranger
Uhhh???

You got that upside down. Latitude *can* upgrade from P international, Z NA. Was not just for a while.
+1,000,000

What Stranger said. Based on positive P/Z space respectively, irrespective of R space. (as the rule, not necessarily how messed up the implementation is of it)
Old Jan 20, 2018, 2:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
Uhhh???

I suspect the FP page only looks at R, while the actual upgrade page allows for upgrades if there is P (international) or Z (NA). Usually at least... That is, when it works as it should.
Thanks for the input. FP Tool is showing the same as the Website Flex Fare. So to me this looks like R space. But what you are saying is that Latitude FP is the same as Latitude Website and should allow upgrade if the is Z space available? So the glitch is on the FP page now showing the "right" upgrade availability.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by youwillflynow
Thanks for the input. FP Tool is showing the same as the Website Flex Fare. So to me this looks like R space. But what you are saying is that Latitude FP is the same as Latitude Website and should allow upgrade if the is Z space available? So the glitch is on the FP page now showing the "right" upgrade availability.
No. I am saying the FP site only shows availability if there is R space. While actualy with Lateitude there being P (Z for NA) should be enough. Normally (but apparently not always) the upgrade page works OK. That is, it will show upgrade available also if there is P but noR.

Another place to check, which is better than the FP site, is the regular aircanada.com booking thing.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Ok, I'll say it again...

Lat upgrades are based on Z for NA and P for international.
R is irrelevant in this regard.

Stop being fixated on R!
canadiancow and ffsim like this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Ok, I'll say it again...

Stop being fixated on R!
C-O-R, uh, are you going to the mall today?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Ok, I'll say it again...

Stop being fixated on R!
That does not seem to be the current case. I am looking at flights with Z availability and they are wait listing upgrade for a Latitude Fare. The Air Canada.com website shows Z availability and Upgrade room but the upgrade tool shows wait list. So has AC changed the Latitude Upgrade availability?
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
C-O-R, uh, are you going to the mall today?
Yes Billy, someone will say they corresponded with AC Twitter, AC Facebook, and the call centre, and advise us that they all said Lat upgrades are based on R.
I guess they all work at the airport.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by youwillflynow
That does not seem to be the current case. I am looking at flights with Z availability and they are wait listing upgrade for a Latitude Fare. The Air Canada.com website shows Z availability and Upgrade room but the upgrade tool shows wait list. So has AC changed the Latitude Upgrade availability?
I'm telling you what the rules are. If you refuse to believe me, be my guest. I'm telling you in your best interest.
Stop relying on unreliable AC IT!
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 3:42 pm
Original Poster

I'm telling you what the rules are. If you refuse to believe me, be my guest. I'm telling you in your best interest.
Stop relying on unreliable AC IT!
Thanks for letting me know. So then you are telling me to book and call for the upgrade as AC IT will not allow it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.