Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Able to get us on the same business award reservation using two different accounts?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Able to get us on the same business award reservation using two different accounts?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

My wife and myself both have accounts with about 200,000 points each. We want to use these up and book a couple of business seats probably to Asia (or somewhere far anyway!)...Is there any way or an easy way I can do this to get us on the same reservation but using two different accounts? I would imagine transferring points to either accounts has a fee attached! Can I just call them up and give them the itinerary and go from there? What I am afraid of is booking one flight for me from my account and then all of a sudden there is no availability for her to book or something like that? Any feedback appreciated.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC A
I booked a Mini-RTW the other night for my self and my wife, pulling points from our individual accounts. I called in and there were no issues, they just asked to speak with my wife to ask her permission and confirm some details. We received separate PNR's, so I will login to each airline website to assign our seats next to each other.

So it shouldn't be a problem for you. If you are looking to book via the website, you could search for itineraries for two adults, and then book one ticket at a time, but you are gambling at that point. Might be worth the call centre booking fee to guarantee you are both on the same flights.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

OP wants the two tickets to be on the same PNR. Won't happen. Best he can do is having them cross-referenced.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Thanks PlaneHunt...........when the time comes I will do that. Just give them a call and explain what I want to do. I am not worried about the phone fee if I can guarantee we are on the same flights in business class.....I will be doing it far in advance so like you said I can then request seats together. Thanks very much! I am sure being cross-referenced as Stranger said will just be fine.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 10:06 pm

Can you book two one ways from each account? Or are you requiring stopovers along the way?
run&fly, monkai, Diabeetus and 2 others like this.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: Aeroplan, TD.
I booked from two AP accounts. I called in and had them cross-referenced. I did not want to book each separately on-line and run the risk of not finding a seat as we are traveling in business class.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Ramz
I booked from two AP accounts. I called in and had them cross-referenced. I did not want to book each separately on-line and run the risk of not finding a seat as we are traveling in business class.
If in business you can select seats right away when booking.

Note however that in case of itinerary changes, you better check. Especially if on other airlines. And even if cross-referenced. Happened to us recently; a 5 minutes earlier departure from YYC and no other changes let our seats on LH to be randomly reassigned.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:42 pm

Programs: AMEX AC CX UA AA DL
Even when you book on the phone, the booking is done 1 account (passenger) at a time and there is a remote risk that the 2nd seat might be gone for any one or more of the segments. At least that's what the agents warned me about.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:07 am
Original Poster

I guess I was not thinking and thought the ticket had to based from a starting point with AC Metal. I can just book two one way tickets from one account and then the return one way from the other account? No reason why that does not work, correct?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:34 am

Programs: AC 75K
Originally Posted by Bravada04
I guess I was not thinking and thought the ticket had to based from a starting point with AC Metal. I can just book two one way tickets from one account and then the return one way from the other account? No reason why that does not work, correct?
That's a good strategy, unless you need stopovers, as they aren't possible on one-way awards.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:08 am

To cross reference - do you need to call Air Canada or Aeroplane? Assuming Air Canada?
Old Jan 23, 2018, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by bestcoastflyer
To cross reference - do you need to call Air Canada or Aeroplane? Assuming Air Canada?
Aeroplan
Old Jan 23, 2018, 2:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
That's a good strategy, unless you need stopovers, as they aren't possible on one-way awards.
+1. Also, if booking one-ways, 2x the cancellation fees if you need to cancel for some reason.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.