Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

How can I select my 2018 Air Canada Altitude benefits?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite

I have logged onto my Air Canada Altitude account. I don’t see it as an option? I have a flight next week and am short 2 upgrade points. I don’t see anywhere to select 2018 benefits? Thanks
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:23 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
If they granted you the status, it should be pretty obvious how to do it. If you can't do it, maybe they haven't granted it too you yet. Did you get a congratulations/welcome back email?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 11:29 am

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
My qualifying flight was credited around Dec 20th and I have not yet been able to select my 2018 benefits. (No welcome email either.)

As to the eUp credits, I suggest a polite email to your nearest concierge asking if you can "borrow" the two missing credits. It has worked for me in the past.
--
13F
Old Jan 2, 2018, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
I expect the next status sweep will probably occur over the weekend... that should give enough time for all 2017 segments to post and for AC's interns to calculate AQD with their abacuses. Once that sweep happens, I'm sure we'll see another bunch of welcome emails and the benefit selection process will be available to those of us who weren't caught up in the early-December sweep.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 3:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ
My qualifying flight was credited around Dec 20th and I have not yet been able to select my 2018 benefits. (No welcome email either.)

As to the eUp credits, I suggest a polite email to your nearest concierge asking if you can "borrow" the two missing credits. It has worked for me in the past.
--
13F
Same here for Dec 20th.

Still not able to select benefits.

I'll need to email the concierge.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Same here for Dec 20th.

Still not able to select benefits.

I'll need to email the concierge.
Let us know how it works out.
--
13F
Old Jan 2, 2018, 4:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BonvoyAmbassadorElite, HyattPlatinum, Cathay Pacific Diamond, AeroplanSuperElite
When I log in it shows that I have qualified and the screen says super elite.
I have sent an email to the super elite contact email.
I guess I will wait to see what happens.
Thanks for everyone's feedback.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: SEMM
Hmm
I was flying this weekend from YYZ to ICN and was 3 credits short to upgrade from Premium Economy to J. I emailed the central Concierge address (probably my first mistake).....they said nothing could be done and suggested that I buy a last minute upgrade......I was disappointed.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by scoubit
Hmm
I was flying this weekend from YYZ to ICN and was 3 credits short to upgrade from Premium Economy to J. I emailed the central Concierge address (probably my first mistake).....they said nothing could be done and suggested that I buy a last minute upgrade......I was disappointed.
you missed some posts and threads where this suggestion actually came to fruition for some.

IIRC emailing the central address typically results in very limited assistance.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:29 pm

Programs: SEMM
Good to know.....I thought that I had a chance because the load in J was so low.....I think it was still J9 at T-12 but I sense that the staff didn't know how to apply 23 credits to an upgrade that needed 26.....in other words, they couldn't solve the IT challenge but I could be wrong.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ

--
13F
My re-qualifying flight was Dec 6th, and I can't select my 2018 benefits yet either. I'm expecting a sweep sometime in the coming week.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 8:22 pm

Programs: AC Black Card, Nexus
I think I'm in the same boat, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

I got 35k by early recognition cut off last year, and hit 50k by mid December.
Before the year was up I had a message on my dashboard that said something to the effect of "congratulations, you'll be bumped to a higher altitude status early next year".

When I log into my dashboard now, it still shows 35k (no prob, I dont think status bumps happen until march on record anyway), but when I click 2017 it no longer shows that message about being bumped up - it just shows my stats (with the milestones for 75k, so I'm assuming all is good and the system knows i should be 50k?)

Is this normal behaviour for the dashboard?
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:15 pm

Programs: AC E50K, HHonors Silver, NEXUS/GE, IHG Elite Gold
Originally Posted by yosemite1
I think I'm in the same boat, hopefully someone with more experience can chime in.

I got 35k by early recognition cut off last year, and hit 50k by mid December.
Before the year was up I had a message on my dashboard that said something to the effect of "congratulations, you'll be bumped to a higher altitude status early next year".

When I log into my dashboard now, it still shows 35k (no prob, I dont think status bumps happen until march on record anyway), but when I click 2017 it no longer shows that message about being bumped up - it just shows my stats (with the milestones for 75k, so I'm assuming all is good and the system knows i should be 50k?)

Is this is normal behaviour for the dashboard?
Yes this normal. My dials have reset to all zeroes and I am still awaiting a message indicating I can select privileges. I qualified for SE100K in mid-December and there was a similar note indicating my new status would be confirmed early in 2018. Perhaps that will occur this weekend as stated by others.

Last edited by YYCJeff; Jan 2, 2018 at 10:16 pm Reason: Typo
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Everyone, just chill. This happens at this time every year and 284.392 new threads start about it. Your ability to select privileges will be there shortly.

and in case you're wondering, yes I'm in the same situaton as many of you.
YYCJeff likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2018, 10:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Everyone, just chill. This happens at this time every year and 284.392 new threads start about it. Your ability to select privileges will be there shortly.

and in case you're wondering, yes I'm in the same situaton as many of you.
Seriously? Come on.

I am though. Waiting until they allow me to pick my selection. But at least I got the upgrade credits at 100k valid until Feb. 2019....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.