FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   The Forum Lounge Thread (2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1885419-forum-lounge-thread-2018-a.html)

jc94 Jan 20, 2018 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29316857)
He moved them when he realized the seat would be occupied.

I just don't understand why he'd assume otherwise when boarding is still obviously in progress.

It's not like boarding had finished early and I ran on the plane 10 minutes later.

This is clearly your fault for not arriving at the gate to follow the correct zone 1 boarding procedure :D :rolleyes:

ffsim Jan 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29317548)
You must not fly enough to know this happens all the time. Blowhards abound!

Stop picking on 1F. Ferengi Rules of Acquisition clearly apply to unoccupied J seats the moment Z2 boarding commences. You’d know this if you weren’t such an FOTSG.

canadiancow Jan 20, 2018 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 29317717)

Stop picking on 1F. Ferengi Rules of Acquisition clearly apply to unoccupied J seats the moment Z2 boarding commences. You’d know this if you weren’t such an FOTSG.

"Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack"
or
"Never have sex with the boss's sister"

You're going to need to give me a number

ffsim Jan 20, 2018 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 29317747)
"Dignity and an empty sack is worth the sack"
or
"Never have sex with the boss's sister"

You're going to need to give me a number

100 and 113.

eigenvector Jan 22, 2018 12:02 am

Something mildly interesting happened today. A friend of mine booked a ticket for us to travel together. Since this is his annual trip to see grandma, he booked it through FlightNetwork rather than with the airline (UA).

For some reason one of the flights was booked as an AC codeshare. I added my UA FF number to the reservation a few weeks ago and today when the upgrade window opened, both of us were upgraded. In order to do this, some UA computer system replaced the AC codeshare on the ticket with its UA equivalent and reissued the ticket, which confused some FlightNetwork computer, which in turn emailed my friend to say that the airline had cancelled the entire ticket (!).

The ticket is actually fine, but it's under airline control now.

This is why you always book with the airline (if possible). Also, teach grandma to use Skype.

quantumofforce Jan 22, 2018 7:46 am

​​​​​​Even if Z1 and Z2 board simultaneously?

jc94 Jan 22, 2018 7:54 am

Here are some rules I just found on a list.
- Once you have their money, you never give it back.
- Anything worth selling is worth selling twice.
- Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
- Always leave yourself an out.
- The more time they take deciding, the more money they will spend.

ffsim Jan 22, 2018 8:23 am

Originally Posted by quantumofforce (Post 29324156)
​​​​​​Even if Z1 and Z2 board simultaneously?

Sure. It's every good Z1er's responsibility to push through the Z2 in line in those situations ;)

yyznomad Jan 22, 2018 9:34 am

I accidentally destroyed my Bose QCs. I guess I should off myself now. Or as one of the posters says here... slits wrists //

24left Jan 22, 2018 9:53 am

.....Ferengi Rules of Acquisition clearly apply to unoccupied J seats the moment Z2 boarding commences......

:D

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 29324185)
Here are some rules I just found on a list.
- Once you have their money, you never give it back.
- Anything worth selling is worth selling twice.
- Satisfaction is not guaranteed.
- Always leave yourself an out.
- The more time they take deciding, the more money they will spend.

Love this stuff.

Despite being partial to the philosophy of Q, I do enjoy the entertainment value provided by these guys. Also, it seems some airlines have incorporated a few of the above mentioned "rules" into their SOP.

IMHO

:p

canopus27 Jan 22, 2018 10:07 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29324575)
I accidentally destroyed my Bose QCs. I guess I should off myself now. Or as one of the posters says here... slits wrists //

I still have a big bag of AC earbuds! Should I send you some? ;)

yyznomad Jan 22, 2018 10:18 am

Originally Posted by canopus27 (Post 29324711)
I still have a big bag of AC earbuds! Should I send you some? ;)

Lol.

Thanks but no thanks.

I still have my 300+ pieces of crap stashed away in bags. :p

RangerNS Jan 22, 2018 10:20 am

Is there a public DB somewhere of plating codes? (

yyznomad Jan 22, 2018 10:35 am

Looking for ways to reduce my #2MMuffintop

I heard there is a new dieting fad called the ketogenic diet. Anyone here been on it? Does/did it work?

I need to reduce this muffin overflow. The armchair P25Ks, E35Ks, and E50Ks here who have never met me say I clearly must be chubs chubs and have a horrible life, and that I should lose some of this muffiny muffmufftop.

I guess I could always try this:

https://www.thestar.com/life/2018/01...challenge.html

jc94 Jan 22, 2018 10:51 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29324575)

How? When mine (which are not the same ones are yours I believe) died in one ear Bose replaced them as a one off despite being ~2 years old. I am of the firm opinion that $300 headphones should last at least 5 years.

A friend contacted Bose when the dog ate his. They sent him a voucher for about half off a new pair. And I believe they are still on sale at Amazon for $215. Which isn’t $189 but it beats $320 or whatever retail is.

yyznomad Jan 22, 2018 11:02 am

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 29324918)

How? When mine (which are not the same ones are yours I believe) died in one ear Bose replaced them as a one off despite being ~2 years old. I am of the firm opinion that $300 headphones should last at least 5 years.

A friend contacted Bose when the dog ate his. They sent him a voucher for about half off a new pair. And I believe they are still on sale at Amazon for $215. Which isn’t $189 but it beats $320 or whatever retail is.

I wear them to sleep all the time. Have done so for years and years (and years). I think I crushed them this time because my pillow was like concrete.

I'll see what I can do to have them repaired or get some discount.

(Your friend's dog actually ate his Bose QCs?! When the dog barks, does it make a sound?) :p

vernonc Jan 22, 2018 11:35 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29324972)
I wear them to sleep all the time. Have done so for years and years (and years). I think I crushed them this time because my pillow was like concrete.

(Your friend's dog actually ate his Bose QCs?! When the dog barks, does it make a sound?) :p

Which ones did you have ? My previous ones had the foam break up and the cable got mashed and I had to order replacements from Bose. A friend got Bose at Denver airport kiosk to replace his for free. I now using the QC35/45 - not sure of the model but its the super duper bluetooth one so no cords.

jc94 Jan 22, 2018 11:50 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29324972)

It does make a sound, "woof woof". I'm not sure how much was eaten vs just destroyed, but they didn't work any more. I've seen the dog consume post as in an envelope before and then run away when one tries to get the remnants to find out if it was important. Hopefully not a CRA cheque.

Originally Posted by vernonc (Post 29325119)
Which ones did you have ? My previous ones had the foam break up and the cable got mashed and I had to order replacements from Bose. A friend got Bose at Denver airport kiosk to replace his for free. I now using the QC35/45 - not sure of the model but its the super duper bluetooth one so no cords.

I have the 25's because AC can't complain me wearing them in flight is liable to take the plane down. I would like the 20s too for easier sleeping but the cost is a little high when I have a pair that works, albeit not great for sleep. Bear in mind I am a true FOTSG at present, well almost, I have 3 segments planned for this year.

PB53x11 Jan 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29324847)
I heard there is a new dieting fad called the ketogenic diet. Anyone here been on it? Does/did it work?

An acquaintance of mine is a cardiologist who has a lot of diabetic patients. He has been recommending that they go on this diet. To make himself comfortable with the advice, he and his wife went on it. He is a big fan of it - and not of the sugar industry.

For me it is too big a commitment. I like my carbs (read: beer) way too much.

pewpew Jan 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Got an interview in Calgary :cool:

Originally Posted by RangerNS (Post 29324768)
Is there a public DB somewhere of plating codes? (

Yeah, there's a few. Google something like "014 airline code". For example: IATA code, airlines - Doprava v Praxi

Jumper Jack Jan 22, 2018 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by pewpew (Post 29325378)
Got an interview in Calgary :cool:

Yeah, there's a few. Google something like "014 airline code". For example: IATA code, airlines - Doprava v Praxi

Congrats! Corp or grad school?

pewpew Jan 22, 2018 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack (Post 29325399)
Congrats! Corp or grad school?

More school. I haven't started applying for jobs yet; I'm still waiting to see if I need to :p

...Or if I know how to :o

RangerNS Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pm

That is easy. I mean the middle chunk of numbers (which would have been on physical "plates" like in the old chunk-a-chunk CC thingers). I'm trying to figure out some corporate TA shenanigans.

jc94 Jan 22, 2018 1:51 pm

I need to reduce this muffin overflow. The armchair P25Ks, E35Ks, and E50Ks here who have never met me say I clearly must be chubs chubs and have a horrible life, and that I should lose some of this muffiny muffmufftop.

If you need to reduce your 2MMMuffinTop I guess I need to reduce my 100kLifeTime one.

yyznomad Jan 22, 2018 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 29325708)

If you need to reduce your 2MMMuffinTop I guess I need to reduce my 100kLifeTime one.

To be clear, it's actually #2MMuffinTop with only two M's... it's a one letter-common portmanteau. :p

jc94 Jan 22, 2018 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29325752)
To be clear, it's actually #2MMuffinTop with only two M's... it's a one letter-common portmanteau. :p

My bad. I will self punish myself by flying Rouge Y.

Jumper Jack Jan 22, 2018 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 29326519)

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Gasp-Rage-Face.jpg

https://static.superdeluxe.com/dankl...ann-1-full.jpg

songsc Jan 22, 2018 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by jc94 (Post 29326519)

Wait, we haven't figured out which one is the worst, 15h 777Y, rouge Y, or 7M8 Y. And to maximize the effect, please choose a middle seat at the back :D

longtimeflyin Jan 22, 2018 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by songsc (Post 29326824)
Wait, we haven't figured out which one is the worst, 15h 777Y, rouge Y, or 7M8 Y. And to maximize the effect, please choose a middle seat at the back :D

Just ask Jack.

yyznomad Jan 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Leafs deserve to not make the playoffs. They're just lucky with the divisional playoff requirements and a weak Eastern Division.

marke190 Jan 22, 2018 8:32 pm

Luckily I haven't done Rouge, but I think I'd have to say 7M8 Y is worse than 777 Y :eek:

ffsim Jan 22, 2018 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by yyznomad (Post 29326993)
Leafs deserve to not make the playoffs. They're just lucky with the divisional playoff requirements and a weak Eastern Division.

Leafs will make the playoffs. And once a team's in the playoffs, anything can happen.

The Habs, on the other hand.......

24left Jan 22, 2018 9:12 pm

.....and hello from the outstanding W Hotel TPE

:D:D:D

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b8d788244.png

Jumper Jack Jan 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by 24left (Post 29327249)
.....and hello from the outstanding W Hotel TPE

:D:D:D

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8b8d788244.png

Ah geeez , did you clear out all the kit kat from the snack basket? :P

YEG_SE4Life Jan 22, 2018 9:15 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 29327184)

Golfing with the Oilers?

ffsim Jan 22, 2018 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life (Post 29327259)
Golfing with the Oilers?

Seriously... talk about under-performers.

yyznomad Jan 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by ffsim (Post 29327184)
Leafs will make the playoffs. And once a team's in the playoffs, anything can happen.

Speaking of hand, what did you say to Bergehole when you shook his hand? :p

SKYEG Jan 22, 2018 9:22 pm

I've never gotten a MTM suit in BKK but my friend loves to. His younger brother is getting married in June and they want to buy custom suits for their whole wedding party(5 including groom).

They want to fly me out ICN-BKK(I can work remotely) sometime in Feb for a June 6th wedding to go to a tailor, buy them, make sure I do QC and then ship them out. Seems like a pretty good deal as I get some sun and a free mileage run.

I had some questions:

1. Since it's a wedding and all suits(except groom) will be the same, using 1 tailor would be the best? How much time would this take though, five suits one tailor? Not sure I want to stay in BKK for 2 weeks...
2. How much does shipping generally cost per suit?
3. $300-$500 budget will get you better than a custom Indochino MTM in Canada? Or is that price range going to get you even worse than a $1000 Hugo Boss at Harry Rosen/Holt Renfrew off the rack(Not very good IMO).
4. Is it even safe for me to fly there, pick fabrics and measurements and just fly out and get them to ship? I feel like doing QC is important as it needs to be shipped to Canada.

Thanks for the help!

quantumofforce Jan 22, 2018 9:40 pm

​​​​​​when I decided to lose weight (50lbs) I just counted my calories and worked out 3 times a week with weights. I'd eat high protein, and low (but not no) carb. I basically ate the same but removed sugary things (cake, doughnuts, cupcakes, soda, sugary cereal), bread, rice (except whole grain brown rice), potatoes, etc...

Breakfast was often old fashion steel cut oatmeal with a scoop of whey protein or an omellete with 2 eggs and a cup of egg whites (I'd buy egg whites in cartons) with raw veggies.

I would bring lunch to work (lean meat like chicken, pork tenderloin, lean beef, or fish) with veggies. People always said "poor you" and commented on my depressing lunches. A year later I was 50 lbs lighter and everyone was jealous.

As for alcohol, hard liquor straight up or with diet soda. A double of Rye with diet coke in a pint glass was standard.

Anyway, if you have any more questions, ask away either here or by private message.

Also, NO MUFFINS!!!!!

quantumofforce Jan 22, 2018 9:44 pm

​​​​​​... by the bathrooms!

Got an interview in Calgary :cool:Fwd

Congrats, and good luck!
​​​​​​​