Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Free bag for *A Gold Card Holder only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG

Trying to checking for a flight from SFO to YVR. The checkin procedure is trying to charge me for 1 bag for my travel partner.
Is it correct the free baggage allowance is only for the card holder? I was under the impression this was for everyone on the booking?
Old Dec 29, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Trying to checking for a flight from SFO to YVR. The checkin procedure is trying to charge me for 1 bag for my travel partner.
Is it correct the free baggage allowance is only for the card holder? I was under the impression this was for everyone on the booking?
One free bag, but only for the *G card holder. I believe it was two bags previously, but only for the status holder.
https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...e/checked.html
--
13F
Old Dec 29, 2017, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Only for the card holder.

and yes there was a *G policy change in September
Old Dec 29, 2017, 11:36 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Not even AC Elites get this privilege. P25K, E35K, E50K, E75K, S100K baggage exemptions are restricted to the member, and not their traveling companions.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 1:29 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Only for the card holder.

and yes there was a *G policy change in September
IIRC this change was something separate (quantity and weight go free baggage the *G member can check). I can't recall a time when the baggage allowance was extended to others on the same reservation. I know some other airlines have done this, but when travelling with family members on AC I've always had to check their bags under my allowance as they didn't get anything above what was allowed by fare.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by YEG USER

IIRC this change was something separate (quantity and weight go free baggage the *G member can check). I can't recall a time when the baggage allowance was extended to others on the same reservation. I know some other airlines have done this, but when travelling with family members on AC I've always had to check their bags under my allowance as they didn't get anything above what was allowed by fare.
Correct. Seat13F alluded to the change in quantity so I posted the link to it in case the OP was curious.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:22 am

Programs: AP SPG HH
posted in error
Old Dec 30, 2017, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Such a big difference from OW airlines unfortunately, very generous baggage allowance for everyone on the booking as a OWE, even in Y.
We paid the 25 USD at checkin in this case. Thanks for the info guys!
Old Dec 30, 2017, 6:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by AAtticus
Such a big difference from OW airlines unfortunately, very generous baggage allowance for everyone on the booking as a OWE, even in Y.
We paid the 25 USD at checkin in this case. Thanks for the info guys!
Same with SkyTeam. DL extended my AZ E+ status for free bags to both pax.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2017, 7:28 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
That's nothing.

They're rolling out hand-baggage only fares across the Star Alliance network and *G/elites do not get an exception.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.