Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Someone flew as me on the same flight today!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Someone flew as me on the same flight today!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by MaxFlying
Related to this trip. Can someone check if I am missing something? My ticket said this:
Cancún - Toronto
Changes
Before day of departure - The change fee per direction, per passenger, is $75.00CAD plus applicable taxes and any fare
difference. Changes can be made up to 2 hours before departure.
Day of departure, at check-in or at the airport - changes are permitted free of charge and subject to availability.

As I read this same day change is free? At check-in I was told no, it was $100. After a long and painful conversation where the agent refused to even look at my printed ticket they said they would waive it as we both had status. I wrote to Customer Service who just wrote back and told me "respecffully" I was wrong and it was $100.
I have respectfully written back but maybe I am misreading? (P fare, issued in May, flew in December).

What was the fare basis (?), just to be exact.

As for the SDC, was P space still available?
Old Jan 3, 2018, 3:09 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yyznomad
What was the fare basis (?), just to be exact.

As for the SDC, was P space still available?
P space available. I can't find the fare basis. From what I see on EF, I suspect there may have been a change in fare rules to P between my booking and flying the ticket. Customer service wrote back to say that perhaps incorrect information was attached to my ticket.....sigh...
Old Jan 3, 2018, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MaxFlying
P space available. I can't find the fare basis. From what I see on EF, I suspect there may have been a change in fare rules to P between my booking and flying the ticket. Customer service wrote back to say that perhaps incorrect information was attached to my ticket.....sigh...
I would argue that the information attached to the ticket is by definition the correct one. Just ask a court of law...

But of course, it was their mistake. Nothing new BTW. Still, a bit surprised that Customer Solutions stayed by the party line on this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.