Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AP booking over phone to select different legs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100k, Star Alliance Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Westjet Gold, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum

I am hoping to book an Aeroplan ticket using a combination of legs that are offered in the search, but not together.

For example, I am looking to fly from YYC - YYZ - CVG.

In a perfect world, I would fly:
Dec. 15 - 13:00 - YYC - YYZ
Dec. 16 - 13:00 - YYZ - CVG

When I search the flights on the AP website, the 13:00 flight to YYZ connects to a CVG flight on the night of the 15th. However, there is a late flight out of YYC (23:00) that connects to the 13:00 CVG flight on the 16th. Thus, I'd like to take the originating flight on the first booking they offer but take the 2nd connection. If I call the AP phone centre, will they allow other combinations that what the website offers?
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Max 4 hour connection (or next available flight) on AP north america bookings... so likely no if you call in.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC 100k, Star Alliance Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Westjet Gold, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Originally Posted by mikeyyz
Max 4 hour connection (or next available flight) on AP north america bookings... so likely no if you call in.
hmmmm...well that definitely won't work in that case. The other idea was to book the late outgoing flight and then standby for an earlier and hope that being SE helps on that front but it's a busy travel day, so might be a risky proposition.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Edit: Misread CVG for CDG.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 10:11 am
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
If you book this as a round trip, you can make it work by making it multi-city and making YYZ a stopover. Provided you aren't also looking for a long layover on the way back.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:03 pm

I understood that international itinerary allows less than 24 hrs layovers in Canada. But I had a trip that included a return leg of :

ZRH-YUL-YOW stop
YOW-YWG-YYC with overnight in Winnipeg.

I wanted to take the YWG - YYC segment later in the day but the agent said since I have no more stops available on this itinerary, the layover has to be 4 hrs or the next available flight. Was the agent right?
Old Dec 12, 2017, 5:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by 1Newflyer
I understood that international itinerary allows less than 24 hrs layovers in Canada. But I had a trip that included a return leg of :

ZRH-YUL-YOW stop
YOW-YWG-YYC with overnight in Winnipeg.

I wanted to take the YWG - YYC segment later in the day but the agent said since I have no more stops available on this itinerary, the layover has to be 4 hrs or the next available flight. Was the agent right?
No, 24 hours.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.