Community
Wiki Posts
Search

HNL lounge ?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:48 pm
Original Poster

HNL lounge ?

Its been a while since I’ve been to HNL. What are my options for lounges as an E50. Is it still that basic United lounge? As well I will be with in-laws with no status. I shouldn’t have an issue bringing them in?

Thanks
Old Dec 10, 2017, 3:58 pm
alc

Lounges - Star Alliance

Show only United Club available for you. You are allow 1 guest as *G, as far as I know.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 4:13 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Yes, the basic lounge with the very long walk to ACr. Enjoy!

fyi, really no food to speak of. Eat elsewhere.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:30 pm

Programs: AC SE100, SPG Plat, Visa Inf Priv
It’s better than the lounge in OGG.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Bartolo
Yes, the basic lounge with the very long walk to ACr. Enjoy!

fyi, really no food to speak of. Eat elsewhere.
Yep, super long-ars walk to a super tired lounge... but better than nothing I guess.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:35 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Yep, super long-ars walk to a super tired lounge... but better than nothing I guess.
I don’t think it is better than nothing. It may be the worst lounge I have ever been in.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by ridefar

I don’t think it is better than nothing. It may be the worst lounge I have ever been in.

Ok. I won't disagree with you, unless the contract lounge in LJU counts as worse. (come to think of it, the LJU lounge was actually ok aside from some ghetto tables)
Old Dec 10, 2017, 5:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
CP used to have a very comfortable lounge at HNL run by a very charming Hawaiian woman. Unfortunately it was closed after AC took over CP and for a while the set up was amakeshift lounge in an unused bar down from the gates it used. Of course back then the SYD flight did a refuelling stop here and passengers continuing on in either direction had to deplane for about 2-hours. Some passengers originated in HNL (or from YVR and YYZ stayed on the island). Dedicated HNL flights were added in the winter season. Now with non-stops to Australia there is no need for this refuelling stop and all AC flights are strictly Canada-Hawaii-Canada. (CP also flew to Auckland doing the same refuelling stop at HNL as well as a second stop in Fiji where there also was a small but very quaint Empress lounge.)
worldtraveller73 likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:34 am

Originally Posted by yyznomad
Most of the bad news about this lounge is stated above. Add: United staff, in my experience, aren’t very interested in AC passengers and are always reluctant to obtain current departure info. Beverage server disappears for periods of time. Tables aren’t cleaned up very often.

Also, if walking to this lounge from security, it’s a bit tricky since one stays in the terminal but at a certain point exits to sidewalk, continues walking, then re-enters terminal for a bit. Eventually there’s an escalator up to the lounge.

The good news is the long walk before a red eye in ACr. The other good news there’s a lounge. Can’t comment on OGG but KOA doesn’t offer this. There is a hard bench outside, though 😊 and it is the tropics. Catch a soft trade and it can be pleasant.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
CP used to have a very comfortable lounge at HNL run by a very charming Hawaiian woman. Unfortunately it was closed after AC took over CP and for a while the set up was amakeshift lounge in an unused bar down from the gates it used. Of course back then the SYD flight did a refuelling stop here and passengers continuing on in either direction had to deplane for about 2-hours. Some passengers originated in HNL (or from YVR and YYZ stayed on the island). Dedicated HNL flights were added in the winter season. Now with non-stops to Australia there is no need for this refuelling stop and all AC flights are strictly Canada-Hawaii-Canada. (CP also flew to Auckland doing the same refuelling stop at HNL as well as a second stop in Fiji where there also was a small but very quaint Empress lounge.)
That makeshift lounge was disgusting. A lot of the AU pax would stretch out and take up a whole sofa. Insufficient seats, especially with seat hoggers.

For a while they resurrected the garden lounge which was pleasant and had a shower, as I recall. They also had macadamia nuts. Staff were great. Unfortunately the “basement” odour was omnipresent. The seats were comfortable. Only half the walk to the gate. Oh well.... life’s not perfect.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:05 pm

Photos of UA lounge at HNL & UA F meals

Here are some photos of the UA lounge at HNL when I was there earlier this year, as well as UA F meal photos. I was flying HNL-IAH, a dinner flight and then a hot breakfast before landing.

Hot dinner - UA F HNL-IAH

Hot Breakfast - UA F HNL-IAH before landing

Dinner Salad
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:41 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Bartolo
The good news is the long walk before a red eye in ACr. The other good news there’s a lounge. Can’t comment on OGG but KOA doesn’t offer this. There is a hard bench outside, though 😊 and it is the tropics. Catch a soft trade and it can be pleasant.
No lounge at OGG and very little seating in the main area. Not a pleasant experience.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 3:23 pm

Programs: Air France Flying Blue, Altitude SE-100k, AAdvantage, United Mileage Plus, WS rewards, BonVoy Titan
HNL United Lounge, accurate assessments so far IMO.
Just there last week. Soup was chicken noodle (package soup Knorr I believe), some veggy's, salad, cheese cubes.
Bartenders friendly and always more than willing to top you up. I do like the view, if you get their before dark, overlooks the jetways and a nice sunset. BUT it is a long walk to the AC gates, just plan to leave with that in mind. Get very crowed around 9pm (AC leaves 11:30pm).
Not the best but not the worst...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.