Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Expiry of AP ticket booked 10 months in advance?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WS Platinum, former AC E35K

I booked tickets to Australia for 3 pax from YVR in July of this year for May 2018 (both departure and return in May 2018). After going to change them, I'm being told by AP that the tickets expire in July 2018, therefore I need to outright cancel the tickets and refund the points rather than simply change them. I had always thought that the expiry of a ticket was within 12 months of the original departure date.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:25 pm
alc

Originally Posted by shore9
I booked tickets to Australia for 3 pax from YVR in July of this year for May 2018 (both departure and return in May 2018). After going to change them, I'm being told by AP that the tickets expire in July 2018, therefore I need to outright cancel the tickets and refund the points rather than simply change them. I had always thought that the expiry of a ticket was within 12 months of the original departure date.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

thanks
it has been 12 months from the booking date for as long as I remember. But I do recall (and not sure if it is still the case now) that once you start the trip, then it is 12 months from your next flight of your unused ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.