Wiki Posts
Search

Swiss first class bookable!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flyer05
I still haven’t been contacted. My plan is to insist for surcharge-free changes on the ticket onto LH F when it opens up (on separate occasions too, because my LX F segments were a month apart as part of a Mini-RTW), with free date and routing changes as well. To what extent are my expectations too high?
When is your first flight? Mine was December 27, and I was contacted yesterday. @imverge was December 31, and was contacted today. They seem to be doing this in a sensible order.

I'm also going to demand LH F. I also made it very clear that I expected free changes so that I can find something reasonable.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow
When is your first flight? Mine was December 27, and I was contacted yesterday. @imverge was December 31, and was contacted today. They seem to be doing this in a sensible order.

I'm also going to demand LH F. I also made it very clear that I expected free changes so that I can find something reasonable.
You shouldnt have to find something reasonable. They should be providing you with something reasonable. Has anyone who has been contacted said no to the J downgrade?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:54 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by canadiancow

Being that LH doesn't offer F from Canada I am OK with AC J to CDG then TG F to BKK.

However, I will be checking for LH F on the return with a US connection T-14 and will deal with AP to make the change WITHOUT any additional fees/surcharges
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:58 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by imverge
I did ask her why did it take over a week for AP to contact me and she couldn't give me an answer.
With all due respect, the Participants here are just (I'm assuming) a small sampling of a much larger affected group of Customers. As COW pointed out, it does seem that it is being systematically and pro-actively tackled by Aeroplan. Has anybody gone the "other" route??

Swiss International Airlines
PO Box 207
East Meadow, NY 11154 USA
1-855-254-1842
swiss.com/customerservice
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by sgan317
You shouldnt have to find something reasonable. They should be providing you with something reasonable. Has anyone who has been contacted said no to the J downgrade?
If it had been a J downgrade, I'd be much less annoyed. My friend is in Y on MUC-YYZ while I'm still in LX F ZRH-YUL.

Originally Posted by imverge
Being that LH doesn't offer F from Canada I am OK with AC J to CDG then TG F to BKK.

However, I will be checking for LH F on the return with a US connection T-14 and will deal with AP to make the change WITHOUT any additional fees/surcharges
My friend and I both live in SFO
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
With all due respect, the Participants here are just (I'm assuming) a small sampling of a much larger affected group of Customers. As COW pointed out, it does seem that it is being systematically and pro-actively tackled by Aeroplan. Has anybody gone the "other" route??

Swiss International Airlines
PO Box 207
East Meadow, NY 11154 USA
1-855-254-1842
swiss.com/customerservice
While I don't necessarily expect a favorable response, I did submit a cordial, straightforward inquiry on the SWISS website. Will keep you all posted.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:23 pm

I just got rebooked without any phone call. I was on BKK-BOM (TG in J) BOM-ZRH (LX F) ZRH-MIA (LX F). They rebooked me on BKK-PEK (TG in J) PEK-IAH (CA in F) and IAH-MIA (UA in Y).

NOT ACCEPTABLE.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:24 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by Anegada
While I don't necessarily expect a favorable response, I did submit a cordial, straightforward inquiry on the SWISS website. Will keep you all posted.
This is not my area of expertise, and following this thread with interest. I guess the question is, "who really owns the booking"?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:27 pm

I just got rebooked without any phone call. I was on BKK-BOM (TG in J) BOM-ZRH (LX F) ZRH-MIA (LX F). They rebooked me on BKK-PEK (TG in J) PEK-IAH (CA in F) and IAH-MIA (UA in Y).

NOT ACCEPTABLE.
When was your flight scheduled for?

I'm in June and haven't gotten any call/email or change to "ticketed" status on Aeroplan's site.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by ECR12
When was your flight scheduled for?

I'm in June and haven't gotten any call/email or change to "ticketed" status on Aeroplan's site.
March
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: A3 Silver
Just checked my booking, no phone call, no email, no anything.

Was rebooked from YUL - ZRH - JNB on LX F to YUL - FRA - JNB on AC J / SA J. No refund of any aeroplan miles. This is ridiculous.

Booking is in March for data point.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:29 pm

March
I'm guessing that since the bookings have been invalidated they have simply secured alternate space and will contact you in queue. It appears that they are dealing with immediate and near future bookings first, which is logical.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: AA EXP, WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
This is not my area of expertise, and following this thread with interest. I guess the question is, "who really owns the booking"?
That's what I wonder as well. It's an AC ticket booked on LX metal, and LX is the one rescinding the space. Technically my contract is with AC, but LX is the one actively preventing the execution of that contract.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Anegada
That's what I wonder as well. It's an AC ticket booked on LX metal, and LX is the one rescinding the space. Technically my contract is with AC, but LX is the one actively preventing the execution of that contract.
Ultimately it's the operating Carrier who decides which bum goes into which seat on their metal. Just my opinion.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:11 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
EDIT: Never mind bad analogy (why can you not delete posts in 2017 is mind boggling...)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.