Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Take advantage of early eUpgrades (Dec 2017 - E75K/SE100K)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Titanium & LTP, NEXUS

Saw this in the Altitude Report but didn't see it posted here yet. https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...de-offer.html?

Take advantage of early eUpgrades

Between December 1 and 21, 2017 with the purchase of a Flex fare, Altitude Super Elite 100K and Elite 75K members can request an upgrade to Business Class, Premium Economy and Premium Rouge one week earlier than the standard eUpgrade request window for all Air Canada flights. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity:

Within Canada and between Canada and the US or Sun destinations
  • Altitude Super Elite 100K: 21 days ahead of travel
  • Altitude Elite 75K: 19 days ahead of travel
Between Canada and Europe, the Middle East, South America, Asia or Australia
  • Altitude Super Elite 100K: 14 days ahead of travel
  • Altitude Elite 75K: 13 days ahead of travel
Old Nov 24, 2017, 3:04 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
This actually is a pretty good offer. Might save be burning an IKK on some December travel.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:08 pm

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
It would be nice for travel after Dec 1st, rather than on December 1st. My window for my return TPAC is December 1st. So its a wash.

Ah well. Still a nice promotion and nice to see overseas included for a chance
Old Nov 24, 2017, 7:34 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Originally Posted by lcohen999
It would be nice for travel after Dec 1st, rather than on December 1st. My window for my return TPAC is December 1st. So its a wash.

Yeah I'm in the same boat with a TCON red eye. Can request on December 1st regardless for travel Dec 13th. But definitely a decent promo anyway.
Old Nov 24, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver

I had assumed this meant for travel between December 1st and 27th.... Has anyone actually tried it?
Old Nov 24, 2017, 11:22 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Without saying Flex or higher is honestly pretty stupid, so a lower priced FLEX fare is given priority over PE to J eup in this promo?
I guess I can just tell Jack Sr if his TATL upgrade does not clear: Sorry bruh, another SE with a lower cabin, cheaper fare took your upgrade?!

EDIT: While the intent is nice, the execution, esp in its announcement is pretty poor. At the least, PY should be eligible, hoping you can make this right before Dec 1 AC
run&fly likes this.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Nov 24, 2017 at 11:36 pm
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
I had assumed this meant for travel between December 1st and 27th.... Has anyone actually tried it?
Yup, still tells me I have to wait until 7 days out
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:28 am

Yup, still tells me I have to wait until 7 days out
Interesting. The website tells me seats are available for upgrade, if I look at booking YYC-YYZ >14 days out, but when I actually buy it and try to upgrade it, it still tells me I need to wait until 14 days out.

Annoying indeed.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:35 am

Interesting. The website tells me seats are available for upgrade, if I look at booking YYC-YYZ >14 days out, but when I actually buy it and try to upgrade it, it still tells me I need to wait until 14 days out.

Annoying indeed.
I am looking at upgrading a TPAC. Those were never 14 days out until this promotion. I thought it was 14 days for a while now (for domestic/transborder). That said, in this eupgrade world, I don't upgrade domestic or I will not have enough when I cross an ocean.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: AC*SE,MM
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
Without saying Flex or higher is honestly pretty stupid, so a lower priced FLEX fare is given priority over PE to J eup in this promo?
I guess I can just tell Jack Sr if his TATL upgrade does not clear: Sorry bruh, another SE with a lower cabin, cheaper fare took your upgrade?!

EDIT: While the intent is nice, the execution, esp in its announcement is pretty poor. At the least, PY should be eligible, hoping you can make this right before Dec 1 AC
This is deeply unfair.

Flex pax are going to hoover up all the R inventory 14 days out, leaving nothing for PY, some of whom have paid a significant premium in part for the right to have first crack at that R inventory. (I am one of the suckers, having paid an incremental $1600 for 2 PY TPAC tix departing Dec 27)

Anyone have any idea who to write to, to bring this to their attention?
run&fly and Jumper Jack like this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AC MM, SE100K
Originally Posted by ensco
This is deeply unfair.

Flex pax are going to hoover up all the R inventory 14 days out, leaving nothing for PY, some of whom have paid a significant premium in part for the right to have first crack at that R inventory. (I am one of the suckers, having paid an incremental $1600 for 2 PY TPAC tix departing Dec 27)

Anyone have any idea who to write to, to bring this to their attention?
+1 AC lurkers: Please add PY fares to this offer.
Jumper Jack likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AC75 MM

Annoying indeed.
It always has done this - it just lets you know that R inventory is available, rather than available and within your booking window.
Old Nov 25, 2017, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by tomvancouver
It always has done this - it just lets you know that R inventory is available, rather than available and within your booking window.
I don't think it has always done it, I think there have been times when it would say you'd be waitlisted when you were outside the window. But I haven't really flown on Flex fares this year, so I'm rusty on this.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:49 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Ugh. Great. Now I have to book my Christmas flight by T-21 instead of T-14.

Bah humbug.

What happened to T-7? That system worked perfectly well.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Ugh. Great. Now I have to book my Christmas flight by T-21 instead of T-14.

Bah humbug.

What happened to T-7? That system worked perfectly well.
The Grinch that stole EYW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.