Wiki Posts
Search

Those Darn A330s...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E75K
Those Darn A330s...

I'm constantly surprised by how ubiquitous they are on the routes I frequent considering AC only has 8 of them.

AMS, MUC, ZRH, GVA...how do they do it!
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Have mercy on those in Y please.
I would gladly ride on those for TCON Y over 777 and 787 any day
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: TK *G
Agree with what Jack said. Also even J isn't that bad for many people, no foot coffin at least.
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
All four of my MUC trips are 777 or 789.
Original Poster

Originally Posted by songsc
Agree with what Jack said. Also even J isn't that bad for many people, no foot coffin at least.
In J or PY, I MUCH prefer the 777/787 over these antiques...

Originally Posted by canadiancow
All four of my MUC trips are 777 or 789.
MUC and ZRH seem to see a lot of equipment changes depending on time of year.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:43 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I def prefer the old J vs the new ones, for sleeping at least. I hate that stupid tray table placement that prevent me from sleeping side ways on 777 new Js
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:44 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I def prefer the old J vs the new ones, for sleeping at least. I hate that stupid tray table placement that prevent me from sleeping side ways on 777 new Js
Don't understand this. I can sleep sideways in them just fine.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:49 pm

Originally Posted by capedreamer
It depends on your body build.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:49 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by capedreamer
My first few times in the new pods, I had no troubles sleeping sideways.

This year, it has been hit or miss on the trays. I suspect it is due to my weight fluctuations.
capedreamer likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:52 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
It depends on your body build.
I think you're into something.

I ran a marathon in Feb and was slimmer up until then. I could even sleep sideways in the new pods with my then, almost 2-year old daughter beside me.

Now I've put on fat and running 80%-90% less km's, I seem to be hitting the tray table when sleeping sideways at times.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, Jiffypark Manhattan Gold
By contrast, living in YVR we have but 1 330 a day IIRC. YVR-YUL-GVA or wherever it continues on after that, then it comes back. So if you truly wanna void them, move out west!

With those old pods, my biggest problem (and I'm a fat guy so maybe that doesn't help) I hate where the headphones are. I hate them on the 320s and such in Y as well, those dumb ones that are constantly jabbed into my thigh and barely work to begin with. I'll never understand why when the seats are narrow to begin with, someone thinks it's a good idea to put the remote against your thigh, or the headphone jack. Put the headphone jack right on the screen damnit. But it's not just AC, flew brand new SQ 350 J class and the headphone jack is over the right shoulder, pretty damn awkward.

/headphone jack rant
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:05 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
I did not have any sleep, despite nominally fitting in the sleeping posture but I had a 330 pod that was painfully hard, to the point I was wondering if it was deflated. Maybe I was not understanding / operating it correctly. I do not experience the 330 much.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by Diabeetus
I think you're into something.

I ran a marathon in Feb and was slimmer up until then. I could even sleep sideways in the new pods with my then, almost 2-year old daughter beside me.

Now I've put on fat and running 80%-90% less km's, I seem to be hitting the tray table when sleeping sideways at times.
Same here. The gap between my knee and tray table is diminishing.

Originally Posted by drvannostren
With those old pods, my biggest problem (and I'm a fat guy so maybe that doesn't help) I hate where the headphones are. I hate them on the 320s and such in Y as well, those dumb ones that are constantly jabbed into my thigh and barely work to begin with. I'll never understand why when the seats are narrow to begin with, someone thinks it's a good idea to put the remote against your thigh, or the headphone jack. Put the headphone jack right on the screen damnit. But it's not just AC, flew brand new SQ 350 J class and the headphone jack is over the right shoulder, pretty damn awkward.

/headphone jack rant
There is at least one reason they put the jack on the armrest instead of near the screen, for Y at least. A couple years back I was doing a TPAC in Y. I was in the window seat, the middle person was asleep but kept the headphone and power cord connected. I did some acrobatics to get to the aisle and back. For J yes I agree that they can move the jack to a much better position.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:06 pm

Programs: AC 75K
They'll be here for a while yet. AC, over the first 9 months of 2017, have exercised purchase options on 4 A330 that were previously financed.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 7:22 pm

Programs: Recent/upcoming flights: YQM-YUL-GVA; GVA-TUN; YQM-YYZ-YYC; YQM-YUL-FRA-SKG; SKG-ATH-YUL-YQM
Originally Posted by ChrisA330
They'll be here for a while yet. AC, over the first 9 months of 2017, have exercised purchase options on 4 A330 that were previously financed.
I am just curious to know if they will pick up more A330s... They seem to have scheduled them on more routes than they did last summer, and they will need a couple more if that schedule is to stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.