Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: AC baggage and YVR connecting

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: AC baggage and YVR connecting

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:00 pm
Original Poster

AC baggage and YVR connecting

Have two separate tickets on AC SFO-YVR in Y AC Express and YVR-LHR in J. I'm arriving YVR between 8a.m and 8 p.m.. I have a 2 hour connect time in YVR.

QUESTIONS: At SFO will my bags be checked through to LHR? What is the connecting procedure at YVR re: immigration-customs, re-security check (I do not intend to leave the airport, simply connecting from U.S. flight to international).

I have read the Air Canada and YVR sites regarding connections, but the two contradict one another, with YVR's site saying you must claim baggage coming from the U.S, do customs re-check bags, then go through exit immigration, then go through security!!!! I can't imagine that 2 hours will be enough time, more like 1 day for YVR at peak times.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:06 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
YVR website said this when I put US to international, doesn't seem consistent with what you saw:

"Most passengers will have their luggage checked-through to their final destination, so you will not claim your checked-bags at YVR."
Old Oct 8, 2017, 12:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Bonvoy LTE
Assuming your bags are checked through from SFO to LHR, you should not have to claim your checked luggage.

After arriving into YVR, follow the signs for international connections. You'll proceed through a CBSA checkpoint, and then into the international departures area. No bags to collect.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:26 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
When you check-in at SFO, you should ask them to associate the 2 flights, and to check your bags straight through to LHR. That will help in the event of in an irrops.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 4:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by loopflyer
Have two separate tickets on AC SFO-YVR in Y AC Express and YVR-LHR in J. I'm arriving YVR between 8a.m and 8 p.m.. I have a 2 hour connect time in YVR.
FYI AC Express does not fly SFO-YVR.

They do, however, fly SJC-YVR.

Just want to make sure you show up at the right airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.