FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Air Canada | Aeroplan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan-375/)
-   -   Air Canada moving to Amadeus; Communication issues with AP/AC post-migration result (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-canada-aeroplan/1870491-air-canada-moving-amadeus-communication-issues-ap-ac-post-migration-result.html)

ridefar Dec 13, 2019 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ (Post 31836630)
Argh! Check-in process on the website is telling me there is no eTA on file, so I need to enter Permanent Resident Card Number. EXCUSE ME! I am a citizen. Always have been and always will.

App isn't allowing me to check-in either.
--
13F

Same thing happened to me yesterday. If the check in agent is to be believed, the system is putting your KTN in the eTA field (even if, like us, you don't need an eTA). And of course, chaos ensues from there. In other words, it is a bug. Given that I would think this has a real impact on AC's obligations (just a guess) I would hope it would get fixed fairly quickly.

brucebruce666 Dec 13, 2019 1:28 pm

Went to make my first Aeroplan booking a few days ago and kept getting an error, today it worked but I instead of a payment screen to enter my credit card details I was given a booking reference and told to ring a number to complete the booking where they will collect my payment. Is that normally how Aeroplan bookings work? Based on what I've read getting through on the phone will be nearly impossible.

tcook052 Dec 13, 2019 1:33 pm

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/inadequa...rces-1.4729247

MONTREAL -- Customer service representatives at Air Canada were inadequately trained on a new digital booking system, and their lack of training has contributed to a backlog in customer service calls, sources inside Air Canada told CTV News.

The sources, who have direct knowledge of the system and work with employees who use it daily, said that customer service representatives received only one week of training to use the new system, and that training was not specific enough to use the system effectively.

canadiancow Dec 13, 2019 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by brucebruce666 (Post 31837134)
Went to make my first Aeroplan booking a few days ago and kept getting an error, today it worked but I instead of a payment screen to enter my credit card details I was given a booking reference and told to ring a number to complete the booking where they will collect my payment. Is that normally how Aeroplan bookings work? Based on what I've read getting through on the phone will be nearly impossible.

The best speculation on this is due to making a one-way (or maybe any?) booking from country A to country B when your Aeroplan profile has you residing in country C.

I've had it before, but it's quite rare.

nomadic.relief Dec 13, 2019 1:40 pm

No. This is not normal, but has been happening for some people. I had a booking made pretransition that I needed to cancel at the end of November, no problems. So I assumed all would go smoothly when trying to book a last minute intra-Europe award. Wrong. Tried twice. Both times got the dreaded call-in message (not even in an email, just on the screen, so if you close it the "confirmation code" vanishes). Not happening while on holidays and with the hold times being what they are. Since my miles weren't deducted, I just ignored it and booked with Avios. Was less miles in the end!

brucebruce666 Dec 13, 2019 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 31837171)
The best speculation on this is due to making a one-way (or maybe any?) booking from country A to country B when your Aeroplan profile has you residing in country C.

Thanks thought it was maybe a quirk of the new booking system, as I'm not based in Canada I think I'm screwed doesn't sound like I'll have any luck getting through on the phone.

nomadic.relief Dec 13, 2019 1:43 pm

This was the first time I'd had the msg, but have booked all sorts of weird one offs in the past, usually last minute too.

canadiancow Dec 13, 2019 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by nomadic.relief (Post 31837192)
This was the first time I'd had the msg, but have booked all sorts of weird one offs in the past, usually last minute too.

Hmm. The first time I recall was a last minute DUB-FRA, but that was in summer 2018, so totally unrelated to Amadeus.

Maybe it's only the last minute ones, and even then, only under certain circumstances?

Smiley90 Dec 13, 2019 3:13 pm

Check-in experience for 2 tickets, same itinerary:

Ticket 1: New PNR on app, go through everything, can't complete check-in. Go through everything again on website, check in complete.

Ticket 2: try old PNR on website and app, doesn't work. New PNR on website works.

TL;DR: it you didn't check that your PNR changed after Amadeus you'd be SOL for checking in. Same if you tried to "new" app.

Good times.

canadiancow Dec 13, 2019 3:44 pm

Good thing I only have 5 bookings remaining from pre-Amadeus. And only 3 of them have AC metal.

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Dec 14, 2019 3:05 am

My booking is one-way LHR-YOW on a Flex flight pass (Eastern Canada - Europe), and I am a Cdn citizen/resident.
--
13F

Seat13F_AC_CRJ Dec 14, 2019 4:42 am

Update: had a brief "I work at the airport moment"

Yesterday I confirmed via the concierge desk that I was on the upgrade list for 889. My upgrade account also showed credits being held.

At the check in desk to collect my boarding pass: sorry sir, we can't see that.
At the AC lounge: sorry sir, because of the system change, we can't see the upgrade list and we have no access to the reservation system.
(And the "I work at the airport" moment...)
At the gate I asked again:
"Sorry sir. Because of the new system we are not doing upgrades."
And at that moment the system beeped and flashed a message on the screen that a new BP was available for me.
Arghh! Happy ending, but it was a torturous road.
--
13F

lsed Dec 14, 2019 7:53 am

I have a UA flight booked using Aeroplan back in May. There was a schedule change in September and new e-ticket was issued.

Today I checked and the flight reward is completely missing from my account, even when I enter the PNR manually.

Checked on UA website and it shows " Your itinerary cannot be retrieved, since it does not contain any active flight segments. If you require assistance, please contact United Reservations"

Trying to call Aeroplan but no one is picking up, even as a Diamond Aeroplan member.

Any faster way to get through to an agent?

painintheuk Dec 14, 2019 8:56 am

I haven't booked a lot of flights, but I booked VIE-BRU-MAN to finish a weird trip and had to call in. I think I booked a return and didn't use the other half. So it might be any booking, not just one way.

Dr. PITUK

nomadic.relief Dec 14, 2019 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Seat13F_AC_CRJ (Post 31836630)
Argh! Check-in process on the website is telling me there is no eTA on file, so I need to enter Permanent Resident Card Number. EXCUSE ME! I am a citizen. Always have been and always will.

App isn't allowing me to check-in either.
--
13F

Yep, just had this happen. Booked and upgraded on a flight pass, but can't check-in. Tried with Nexus first, said can't be competed online. Then tried with passport, now says Permanent Resident Card required. Didn't think I was away *THAT* much.

How much hassle was it to sort at the airport - ie how early ought I head over?