Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Bluetooth Headset

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2018, 1:01 pm

Programs: AC SE 100K, Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Bluetooth headsets have been allowed on wifi-enabled planes for quite a while. It was discussed in this thread back in September, and here's the link to the relevant Tweet: https://twitter.com/AirCanada/status/877671373199560704

I've also heard the same thing about headsets on at all times, except the safety briefing, starting April 1.
Coming back from HKG on AC8 early this month (just after the launch of wifi for this TPAC route) the SD told me bluetooth sets were not allowed on the flight (this was a couple hours into the flight while I was connected to my iPhone 7). I cited the wifi rule and he said he knew this but the particular route and aircraft wasn't licensed for bluetooth yet. It would be allowed on April 1st he said apologetically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.