Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Branded Fares (2019 onwards)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:19 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by YYT82
............My solution was to redeem for domestic and transborder flights and stop buying that Branded Fare crap.
EXACTLY
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:22 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by YYT82
Wow, when I encountered issues last year, they only affected Flex that were booked into previously Tango booking classes, back then Comfort fares weren't affected. Now it seems like the problem got worse.

My solution was to redeem for domestic and transborder flights and stop buying that Branded Fare crap.
Originally Posted by 24left
EXACTLY
I agree that may make sense for some people. But I am not redeeming for flights my employer should be paying.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by jasdou

I agree that may make sense for some people. But I am not redeeming for flights my employer should be paying.
Then you should probably find an employer who will pay for Latitude or higher.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:26 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 24, 2020 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by skybluesea
At least AC has somewhat reasonable fare branding names - just entered LHR LH Lounge on Euro-Wing ticket and rep. had to confirm if I was eligible even with *G as only SMART fares or above is permitted.

Yes, had right fare, but does this make sense? or maybe agent new?

and what does SMART mean? If you have something less you have DUMB fare 🤪
As opposed to "Flex" or "Latitude" or "Comfort" ?
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: Air Canada Super Elite 2+ Million Miles
delete

Last edited by skybluesea; Dec 24, 2020 at 1:04 pm
Old Mar 14, 2019, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by skybluesea
and what does SMART mean? If you have something less you have DUMB fare ��
Originally Posted by canadiancow
As opposed to "Flex" or "Latitude" or "Comfort" ?

It means the marketing people couldn't come up with anything better to call it
​​​​​​​.
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:35 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jasdou
And branded fares strike again. I flew YQB-YYZ-PHL on Monday on a Comfort T Fare. Looking up my dashboard this morning, I found that these flights were credited as Standard T, so I got 25-50% of the mileage (114 for YQB-YYZ +173 for YYZ-PHL) instead of 115% (454+68 for YQB-YYZ and 346+52 for YYZ-PHL).

What a hassle.
Looks like I've been hit by the same problem on the return half of my most recent trip. Comfort posted properly on the way out, but Standard on the way back. I'll have to dig up the email I sent last year when I had the same problem and reach out to the same department
Old Mar 14, 2019, 12:50 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by ffsim
Looks like I've been hit by the same problem on the return half of my most recent trip. Comfort posted properly on the way out, but Standard on the way back. I'll have to dig up the email I sent last year when I had the same problem and reach out to the same department
There is another thread with the same AQM issue.

Audrey replied from AC (not sure if this is also AQD Audrey) saying they were aware of the issue and it would be fixed but its been weeks now and no adjustment....even when the ticket clearly status Economy Flex (or Comfort).

What a mess.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 10:01 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime PE, AC Altitude SE100K-1MM
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
There is another thread with the same AQM issue.

Audrey replied from AC (not sure if this is also AQD Audrey) saying they were aware of the issue and it would be fixed but its been weeks now and no adjustment....even when the ticket clearly status Economy Flex (or Comfort).

What a mess.
This just happened to me also with AQM (AQD not yet posted)
Old Mar 15, 2019, 11:03 am

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Another datapoint this morning.

Issued a new e-ticket with the Comfort fare promo to use few eupgrade credits.

The ticket is issued as usual, with Economy W in the fare area, and no mention of Comfort (no proof to follow-up when it posted incorrectly).

Called in to doublecheck and agent advises that its clearly a Comfort fare and questions why I would be concerned in the first place.

Umm. Because. Just because with AC IT.
Old Mar 15, 2019, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
Another datapoint this morning.

Issued a new e-ticket with the Comfort fare promo to use few eupgrade credits.

The ticket is issued as usual, with Economy W in the fare area, and no mention of Comfort (no proof to follow-up when it posted incorrectly).

Called in to doublecheck and agent advises that its clearly a Comfort fare and questions why I would be concerned in the first place.

Umm. Because. Just because with AC IT.
Wouldn't having the fare basis be enough?
Old Apr 8, 2019, 7:45 pm

Programs: A3*G
I am about to book flights between YYZ and Europe. I'm thinking of crediting my AC miles to another program, such as A3, OZ, or UA. I'm a bit confused by the new rules...

1) Do I understand correctly that for international flights only the booking class counts, not the branding? So even Economy Basic in K class would give some miles?

2) Is there any difference if the AC flight is Rouge? E.g. I might reluctantly consider YYZ-VCE on Rouge (booking class K)...
Old Apr 8, 2019, 8:49 pm

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Isn't it depending on how your other FFP credits the AC booking classes? There are lots of cases where AC will credit a flight at one rate and another FFP credits it at another. Doesn't matter what AC would credit that flight at if you're not crediting to AC.
Rouge credits same as AC mainline.
Basic does not earn miles on AC but who knows what your other FFP credits. Have you asked in that forum?
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: A3*G
Thank you for your reply! In particular glad to hear that Rouge credits the same way.
What I'd like to know for now is: what booking class does AC send to airline partners?
For example: if I buy an international flight in booking class K / Economy Standard, does AC send that as K or as T?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.