Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Proof! (according to AC)...the CBC is biased against Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver

https://www.facebook.com/aircanada/ has a story & pics of an (alleged) email exchange between CBC and AC on a story on aircraft boarding practices that they were seeking input for. Very interesting. Not surprising but as a media strategy from AC I wonder whether it's optimal?
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:12 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Incredibly Stupid of AC to do this..... PR heads will probably roll on this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Cross posted to Twitter as well:
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG Plat,
I just came on to see if this hit Flyertalk yet after I saw AC tweet it out.

It's not like it's a shock since it is easy to see in coverage, but it's definitely entertaining when a CBC guy accidentally cc's AC.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:23 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
The gloves are off and this looks like a street fight now.
Seems like CBC is at least seeking comment from AC on topics.
longtimeflyin likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC E75K
First Calin's G&M interview last month and now this...AC's PR team seems like a complete joke.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:31 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
CBC doesn't like the idea of J pax and frequent fliers having zone 1&2 boarding.

Most major airlines in the world employ this method.

Westjet also allows their Gold members and pax in Plus seats board first.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:34 pm

Programs: *$ Green
Look guys. Let's skip the .........

Bottom line is AC uses the least efficient boarding method, and that's what the CBC should report.
wolf72 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:38 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, 50K Altitude, Nexus
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
CBC doesn't like the idea of J pax and frequent fliers having zone 1&2 boarding.

Most major airlines in the world employ this method.

Westjet also allows their Gold members and pax in Plus seats board first.
To me this is just the CBC, pushing everything should be fair and equal written by reporters who have little real world experience. They see a Vox article, and think its gospel. Really, profits drive airline decisions. Rewarding high revenue customers, is the most profitable thing airlines can do.

Most of us here fly a lot, buy last minute tickets, buy frequently, buy business class. For that We get shorter line and shorter waits at the airport. If Air Canada wants to keep us coming back, not going to there competitors we get this perk.

Business travelers who come back a lot, are not price sensitive, are what companies like Air Canada need to sustain profits over the long term, and open up routes and frequencies that most people in zone 4 and 5 benefit from without even knowing it.

But man, AC you have a bad PR team.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:41 pm

Programs: TK *G
I am wondering how much revenue and profits are generated by fliers represented by CBC? If not much, then AC doesn't have to deal with this BS.

​​​​​​​If someone cares about "equality" of boarding, start by working equally hard, pay equally much, and research equally much.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Marriott Titanium, National Executive
oops. looks like Mr Enright hit reply all without realizing.

It is quite biased. The producer asked Air Canada for their comments before they go on air (with the threat that if comments are not provided we will say we asked and you did not provide). Then after getting an explanation Mr Enright basically tells the producer to ignore Air Canda's explanation and just go with the fact they are continue to be inefficient.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by vernonc
The gloves are off and this looks like a street fight now.
and can you pass the popcorn please. Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:49 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by capedreamer
First Calin's G&M interview last month and now this...AC's PR team seems like a complete joke.
My first reaction to your post was "What does AC's PR team have to do with the CBC editor hitting reply-to-all with something stupid to say?"

But on second thought, I actually agree with you. There's no reason for AC to air their dirty laundry like this, comes across incredibly petty.

Originally Posted by SparseFlyer
Look guys. Let's skip the .........

Bottom line is AC uses the least efficient boarding method, and that's what the CBC should report.
Maybe, maybe not. If it's a subject worthy of our national broadcaster investigating further, then it would be nice for our tax dollars to go towards some sort of unbiased analysis. The CBC, however, seems to have already made up their minds...
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: AC E75K
Originally Posted by ffsim
But on second thought, I actually agree with you. There's no reason for AC to air their dirty laundry like this, comes across incredibly petty.
Exactly. Pettiness doesn't look good on anyone, and definitely not a large public company like AC.
Old Sep 15, 2017, 1:59 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Seems very unprofessional to post this on social media?! Like the airline of Zimbabwe would... but AC? Just odd.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.