Wiki Posts
Search

YVR-BNE in PE vs J

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
YVR-BNE in PE vs J

Can anyone with first-hand experience comment on this? I'm not so sure the lie-flat feature of J matters that much to me, I'm tall (6'4") and to be honest, I can't really lie flat in these newfangled pods anyway. I just don't fit. Can anyone who's done this route on this aircraft in both cabins, comment? thx.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:07 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Emerald Exec, HHG
J food and service is superior to PY. Having said that PY is pretty good, and I tend to sleep just as well in a PY seat as a J seat. Row 14 is the best for PY. Row 4/5 is best in J.

Last edited by sram; Aug 28, 2017 at 8:17 am
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
FWIW I've done both PE (TATL) and J (TPAC) fairly recently and am also relatively tall (about 6'2") and I find the J seat considerably easier to sleep in myself. I don't actually put it fully flat.

That being said it isn't my money I'm spending when I flew PE and J, and if it was my choice would probably be largely based on the price difference.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:41 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Flew this route earlier this year, found J YVR-BNE was good for sleeping (I'm 6'2) due to flight times, coming back we did PE, was OK but J was a step up forsure...
Old Aug 28, 2017, 9:50 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by plgplg
Can anyone with first-hand experience comment on this? I'm not so sure the lie-flat feature of J matters that much to me, I'm tall (6'4") and to be honest, I can't really lie flat in these newfangled pods anyway. I just don't fit. Can anyone who's done this route on this aircraft in both cabins, comment? thx.

Since AC 35/36 are on the 788, I'm wondering why you didn't post your question in this thread where any answers would be helpful to others who search. Just a suggestion.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/air-c...hread-261.html

for example

Originally Posted by 300rwhp
depending in the plane the table arm is more pronounced and makes sleeping on your side more difficult. I am 6'2" and under 200lbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.