Wiki Posts
Search

AP Lie Flat to Hawaii?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Air Canada SE, Marriott Platinum
AP Lie Flat to Hawaii?

Does anyone know of points redeemable (ideally classicflight points cost) to get from Western Canada (YEG) to Hawaii on a lie flat cabin?

I did Cancun last year in Rouge business... that was basically worse then domestic Economy...

Whats a good or nicer product for getting to Hawaii, or is Rouge the only option?

SE100k, but probably wont be next year so trying to book for Jan-April of 2018
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:37 pm

Sounds like you'll have to find a UA 767 or 777 from LAX, DEN, SFO.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Erome
Does anyone know of points redeemable (ideally classicflight points cost) to get from Western Canada (YEG) to Hawaii on a lie flat cabin?

I did Cancun last year in Rouge business... that was basically worse then domestic Economy...

Whats a good or nicer product for getting to Hawaii, or is Rouge the only option?

You'll need to look carefully at the UA options:
http://thetravelsisters.com/best-fir...ats-to-hawaii/

Unfortunately, the last AC ML flight to Hawaii (YYC-OGG) is now Rouge too.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 2:51 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pitz
Sounds like you'll have to find a UA 767 or 777 from LAX, DEN, SFO.
Yup. I believe these are the only three cities plus EWR with lie flat when I flew in May. ORD and SEA does not have lie flat though the plan seemed to be add more lie flat TCON incl Hawaii. You might have to shell out for Rouge Plus or UA E+ if the connection times do not make sense. ALso depends where in Hawaii, I flew to HNL.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:13 pm

Programs: AC 35k
Originally Posted by Diabeetus
Unfortunately, the last AC ML flight to Hawaii (YYC-OGG) is now Rouge too.
Yes, I cried a little when I saw this on the winter schedule.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Erome

Old Aug 21, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Plat, Hilton G,Nexus, Amex MR Plat,IHG Plat
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Yeah I would not agree with that either.
But if on a 767 depending on your seat, the box in front limits your leg room. Not worse than domestic economy but not a great experience either compared to mainline
Old Aug 21, 2017, 8:58 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Global Entry
764 or 763 from EWR/IAD is a nice ride, 2-1-2 configuration. 772 from ORD/DEN/IAH/some LAX/some SFO is lie-flat but you should know they have a 2-4-2 config up front.

Above are all with HNL in mind.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:14 pm

Programs: Erstwhile Accidental AC E35K
For me the best option for the last few years has been exit row or Plus seats on WS. The main reason is there's an afternoon return flight to YVR. Everything else is a redeye on the return.
Old Aug 21, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: DL 2MM PM;VSGld;EKGld; HilDia; HrtzPC; AvisPC; PP; AmbPlt; JumeiGld; MeliaPlt; TajPlt; ShangriDia
This may not be a direct answer to your question because it may not be redeemable with Star Alliance reward partners, but good to know also that Delta operates one flight daily between LAX-HNL that offers the Delta One configuration-- i.e. international business class lie flat seats with standard domestic F fares. They offer the seats, just not the bedding and amenity kits and other extras that come on the full Delta One flights.

The flight with that cabin departs LAX around 8:30AM, thus in most cases requiring an overnight for a connection but also meaning that connecting passengers do not book the flight. The return is mid-day from HNL. I always book those two flights for a lie flat experience to Hawaii. Still, if you find award availability difficult, you might enjoy flying to LAX, breaking up the trip with an overnight and connecting the next morning. I do that when flying from the East Coast or Europe, often because I can find seat availability on the early morning flight with the premium configuration.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:09 am

Programs: None no more
Originally Posted by LAXRuss
This may not be a direct answer to your question because it may not be redeemable with Star Alliance reward partners, but good to know also that Delta operates one flight daily between LAX-HNL that offers the Delta One configuration-- i.e. international business class lie flat seats with standard domestic F fares. They offer the seats, just not the bedding and amenity kits and other extras that come on the full Delta One flights.

The flight with that cabin departs LAX around 8:30AM, thus in most cases requiring an overnight for a connection but also meaning that connecting passengers do not book the flight. The return is mid-day from HNL. I always book those two flights for a lie flat experience to Hawaii. Still, if you find award availability difficult, you might enjoy flying to LAX, breaking up the trip with an overnight and connecting the next morning. I do that when flying from the East Coast or Europe, often because I can find seat availability on the early morning flight with the premium configuration.

Or, Delta A330 out of MSP since you are based in YEG, again, not AP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.