Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Aerplan Reward (Upgrade/Route Question)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE, WJ Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Ambassador

Hi,

I recently booked the intenrary below and have 2 questions I am looking for advice on.

TK J YYZ-IST
TK J IST-MLE
SQ Y MLE-SIN
SQ J SIN-DPS
EVA J DPS-TPE
EVA J TPS-YYZ

1- What would be the process to upgrade the SQ Y segment from MLE-DPS ? Also does SQ space generally come available ?

2-We would like to leave a day earlier (March 2nd) and potentially route via Europe for a <24 Hours stop on our way to Istanbul, anyone have any recommend routes out of YYZ avoiding fuel charges ?

Finally when I priced online, also when I called in initially, the cost was 300K Aeroplan however when it went to ticketing they came back and requested 310K, is this normal ?

Thanks
Old Jul 12, 2017, 7:07 am

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by NB_Falcon
Hi,

2-We would like to leave a day earlier (March 2nd) and potentially route via Europe for a <24 Hours stop on our way to Istanbul, anyone have any recommend routes out of YYZ avoiding fuel charges ?

Thanks
You can try to route it via YUL on Swiss to save on charges. There's often good availability.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 8:03 am
exc

Programs: AC*E75k
Hi,

I recently booked the intenrary below and have 2 questions I am looking for advice on.

TK J YYZ-IST
TK J IST-MLE
SQ Y MLE-SIN
SQ J SIN-DPS
EVA J DPS-TPE
EVA J TPS-YYZ

1- What would be the process to upgrade the SQ Y segment from MLE-DPS ? Also does SQ space generally come available ?

Finally when I priced online, also when I called in initially, the cost was 300K Aeroplan however when it went to ticketing they came back and requested 310K, is this normal ?

Thanks
You're going to Asia 2 so 310k is right.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum

Thanks
1) SQ does generally release some J space intra-Asia. You'd need to monitor award availability and call AE if you see any award space. Unlike with AC operated flights, you cannot request to be put in J on the day of departure at the airport.

2) SN via BRU, SK via CPH, LX via YUL/ZRH

3) 310k miles is correct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.