Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

AC/OS codeshare check-in/pnr oddness

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan, SPG/Marriott, Radisson Rewards

Mods feel free to merge this in some existing thread - I couldn't find any that exactly addressed this.

So tomorrow I have a three segment flight: YQT-YYZ (AC) -> YYZ-VIE (OS with AC codeshare flight number) -> VIE-LHR (OS non-codeshare flight number). Booked via AC call centre - this is the return portion.

I upgraded VIE-LHR from Y to J with a SAUA.

OS website won't let me check-in at all with the OS PNR, and the AC website shows only the first two segments under manage bookings / checkin. The ticket itself still has the VIE-LHR segments on it (according to both the Saudi Air website, and AC phone rep).

AC OLCI shows only the first two segments, and says nothing out of the ordinary, but when I finish check-in, only a BP for YQT-YYZ is generated.

Anyone had simialr experience/issues, and is it worth making a quick trip to the airport to get my BPs / check-in? I feel like the agents may be prolematic if I show up and try to check-in for a next-day set of flights, and I'm not sure the kiosks will even work for next-day check-ins.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:50 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
I haven't had this with AC, but it's happened to me on an AA/AJ flight with stops. If by PNR, you are just using name and flight number on OS website, that will not work. You will have to get the OS locator code for the segment. Someone on here found it on the AC app. You might have to call AC.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by The smallest state
I haven't had this with AC, but it's happened to me on an AA/AJ flight with stops. If by PNR, you are just using name and flight number on OS website, that will not work. You will have to get the OS locator code for the segment. Someone on here found it on the AC app. You might have to call AC.
Nah, I actually tried the OS locator. It just says I can't use OLCI.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Managed to check by bag through YQT-YYZ-VIE-LHR (after it was initially only checked to VIE), but YQT agent could not issue either OS boarding pass apparently. Hopefull YYZ can.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:23 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
Originally Posted by D404
Nah, I actually tried the OS locator. It just says I can't use OLCI.
Same thing happened to me with LH a couple of years ago (no OLCI). LH flight connecting to AC. Worked out at airport. Good luck with it and safe journey.

Last edited by Bartolo; Jul 15, 2017 at 9:52 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Once happened to me, continuing flight with LH. Turned out eventually that thhe LH flight had been cancelled due to a strike in Italy.

While nowhere was there an indication that the flight had been cancelled.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Well that was a pain. Had to get it at the gate in YYZ, and now in VIE I had to get the last BP at the gate too (got it in the lounge instead).

They had to manually add my bag info to it, and I guess SAUA really confuse a lot of agents (I fare showing, but Y fare), and she asked me if it was cancelled. Minor heart attack.

Now to kill a few hours in VIE.
Old Jul 12, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They had to manually add my bag info to it, and I guess SAUA really confuse a lot of agents (I fare showing, but Y fare), and she asked me if it was cancelled. Minor heart attack.
Hopefully I won't have the same problem with my upcoming one. The leg in question has disappeared from my reservation on aircanada.com, but shows as upgraded on LH and on the actual airline, but with my wife's AE number (both her and my upgrade came out of her account), same as on her file.

Shows as Y on that other site where one can check.

Only once before did I use SA upgrades, on BR, but that was a BR ticket and the miles came from my AE account. And there was no issue with the AE miles.
Old Jul 13, 2017, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
Hopefully I won't have the same problem with my upcoming one. The leg in question has disappeared from my reservation on aircanada.com, but shows as upgraded on LH and on the actual airline, but with my wife's AE number (both her and my upgrade came out of her account), same as on her file.

Shows as Y on that other site where one can check.

Only once before did I use SA upgrades, on BR, but that was a BR ticket and the miles came from my AE account. And there was no issue with the AE miles.
My upgraded segment fell off the AC PNR too (but not off the eTicket), which is apparently what caused the luggage tag to print off only checked through to VIE at first, until I noticed it an pointed it out to the agent, who added the VIE-LHR segment to it. Keep a eye out for that.

Waiting to see if it all posts fine to AE... because, well.... it's AE.

Last edited by D404; Jul 13, 2017 at 7:10 am Reason: Grammar
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Waiting to see if it all posts fine to AE... because, well.... it's AE.
Off to a bad start.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.