Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

A shout out to the crew of ac8844 today and the station staff at yyt

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver

Flew home to Yyt today after a week in Ottawa with the family. With the corralling of a 5 year old and an 8 year old and general chaos of getting off the plane I completely forgot about my DSLR camera left in the overhead bin. That is until my phone rang as I pulled into the drive at home and a very pleasant lady from AC told me that they had my camera & if I cared to drop by baggage services at YYT they'd happily reunite me with it. Offloaded the family and headed back to the airport to retrieve it. Kudos to AC staff for finding it, tracking me down (as it didn't have my name on it) and ensuring I got it back.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

You should write to the cbc.
Old Jul 5, 2017, 6:43 pm

Programs: AC-SE100K MM, BA-S HH-D, MB-G LT Sil, IHG-Plt, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Stranger
+1
--
13F
Old Jul 6, 2017, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat
Flew home to Yyt today after a week in Ottawa with the family. With the corralling of a 5 year old and an 8 year old and general chaos of getting off the plane I completely forgot about my DSLR camera left in the overhead bin. That is until my phone rang as I pulled into the drive at home and a very pleasant lady from AC told me that they had my camera & if I cared to drop by baggage services at YYT they'd happily reunite me with it. Offloaded the family and headed back to the airport to retrieve it. Kudos to AC staff for finding it, tracking me down (as it didn't have my name on it) and ensuring I got it back.
This is also something that is worth writing in for. AC does forward kudos to employees when people write in and there is recognition.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:24 am

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by dread_specter
This is also something that is worth writing in for. AC does forward kudos to employees when people write in and there is recognition.
Yup, you should recognize when someone does the right thing.

Much better than the groomer in DFW that is probably still enjoying my iPad that I left behind a while back.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 7:54 am

Programs: AC MM E50 , Former SPG, now Marriott LT Plat
Unfortunately, probably YYT specific.
I cannot see such a thing happening at YYZ.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
Originally Posted by stranger
you should write to the cbc. :d
air canada holds dslr camera hostage for 3 hours
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:10 am

Programs: AC E35K, NEXUS
Originally Posted by RangerNS
LOL
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by RangerNS
spotted : cbc journalist on FT....
Old Jul 6, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Not true, I received a call from YYZ when I left my ear phones in the seat pocket.
Old Jul 6, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by RatherBeInYOW
Yup, you should recognize when someone does the right thing.

Much better than the groomer in DFW that is probably still enjoying my iPad that I left behind a while back.
And better than whoever purloined my camera that I left in a J seat storage area when landing in Toronto. Never saw hide nor hair or it again. Got AC involved with their so called on line chat....
Old Jul 6, 2017, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC E35k, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by Stranger
...and that Gabor Lukacs fella...

Originally Posted by dread_specter
Yes, I'll do that I think.

Originally Posted by IluvSQ
Generally I've had excellent service from staff at YYT and find them to be helpful & pleasant to deal with. Perhaps being at a more outlying station is the reason for this. Perhaps its a Newfoundland thing.

Originally Posted by mapleg
And better than whoever purloined my camera that I left in a J seat storage area when landing in Toronto. Never saw hide nor hair or it again. Got AC involved with their so called on line chat....
I must confess that my expectation would be not to have got it back. Insurance would have taken care of the value but of course the pics of our recent holiday would be lost. Some years ago when an Ipod shuffle was worth something I again left it on a plane after arriving at YYT. In that instance I got it back directly from a FA who decided that normal AC channels would have led to it getting lost!
Old Jul 6, 2017, 12:09 pm

Programs: IHG Gold
Originally Posted by AtlanticXpat

I must confess that my expectation would be not to have got it back. Insurance would have taken care of the value but of course the pics of our recent holiday would be lost. Some years ago when an Ipod shuffle was worth something I again left it on a plane after arriving at YYT. In that instance I got it back directly from a FA who decided that normal AC channels would have led to it getting lost!

I figured I had about a 1 in 5 shot of getting it back. Not worth claiming on insurance as the camera cost less than my deductible. I had backups of the photos, but was a bit miffed since it was a decent little camera for travel that I had purchased overseas.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:34 am

Smile

I figured I had about a 1 in 5 shot of getting it back. Not worth claiming on insurance as the camera cost less than my deductible. I had backups of the photos, but was a bit miffed since it was a decent little camera for travel that I had purchased overseas.
Interesting, what odds would you give for an expensive camera.
Nevertheless, good people are rare but still do live.
Old Jul 11, 2017, 8:38 am

You wouldn't want to know how many expensive DSLRs with lens kits (we're talking 3-4-5 lenses) go unclaimed every month then... It's rather mind boggling. People think that things get lost and they get stolen, so they never actually try to get their things back. I can tell you that a lot of the people working in the airline industry are very passionate about what they do and would never lose their job for trinkets, even expensive ones. The weirdest and apparently most insignificant things get returned, but they often go unclaimed. But there's a literal tonne of lost objects that are left for dead that could've been reunited with their owners had they tried.

Last edited by dread_specter; Jul 11, 2017 at 8:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.