Wiki Posts
Search

J seat sale to Australia?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2017, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: ACA 35K, Omni Select Guest Black
J seat sale to Australia?

Does this ever happen? Or is $9k the best I'm going to do?

thanks,
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, NEXUS
You had me excited for a minute.

I've rarely (read: never) seen a J sale for Australia on AC. And it is indeed outrageously expensive. Many Asian carriers often have good discounted J fares from Canada/US to Australia but you have to accept a longer journey time.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:10 pm

Programs: LXFF
I'm in the same boat. Going save 4-5k and go through Japan.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 2:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
A couple of people I met recently were flying JQ to NRT-SYD and J was approx $1,050 CAD. They felt the combination worked for what they wanted to spend.
Old Jul 1, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Man, I read the title and thought "this is it"...........well, go via Japan or China, you will get a cheaper J fare and real service, not AC's attempt at serving drinks from a mickey or being ignored.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 7:31 am

Originally Posted by 24left
A couple of people I met recently were flying JQ to NRT-SYD and J was approx $1,050 CAD. They felt the combination worked for what they wanted to spend.
Jetstar J is like PY for a Mainline carrier. Just like premium rouge, just a newer airplane. Definitely value for money there, but don't confuse it with AC Mainline J.

https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.afr.com/lifestyle/travel/world/jetstar-business-class-review-dreamliner-787-tokyo-to-cairns-20170424-gvrohs
​​​​​
https://www.google.com.sg/amp/s/amp.afr.com/lifestyle/travel/world/jetstar-business-class-review-dreamliner-787-tokyo-to-cairns-20170424-gvrohs
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
China Eastern seemed cheap when I was looking for a lie flat. Some of the reviews are pretty dubious though. Pilots smoking sort of thing.

My latest thought (trip delayed) is AA seems very reasonable and has a decent PY section. Though I was specifically checking them as the only non NZ carrier to AKL direct (direct from NA that is).

$9k for AC is on the low end. I've seen 12.
Depends where you fly from of course.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: AC-SEMM, AA-Gold
Some folks have told me they saved a ton connecting to AC from a US departure city
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by jc94
China Eastern seemed cheap when I was looking for a lie flat. Some of the reviews are pretty dubious though. Pilots smoking sort of thing.

My latest thought (trip delayed) is AA seems very reasonable and has a decent PY section. Though I was specifically checking them as the only non NZ carrier to AKL direct (direct from NA that is).

$9k for AC is on the low end. I've seen 12.
Depends where you fly from of course.
​​​​​​China Eastern as an airline is pretty good for its low prices.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AC*SE & MM/*Wood Gold/HHonors Diamond/Marriott Silver/AirMiles Gold
There is no magic J sale to Australia...I don't think ever (at least in the last ten years)

Even PE hovers aroud $3,500 -> $4,000

I've seen OK deals on ANZ, in the $6k range, once....but those are premium routes and even with the competiton, no deals to be had
Old Jul 2, 2017, 11:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC*SE 2MM
Many years ago I was able to buy AC J LHR-YYZ loooong stopover YYZ-YVR-SYD-YVR-YYZ loooong stoppover YYZ-LHR for ~$3,500 IIRC.

Just required a positioning vacation to LHR well in advance of my trip to SYD.

Haven't seen those LHR deals in a while.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by The smallest state
Man, I read the title and thought "this is it"...........well, go via Japan or China, you will get a cheaper J fare and real service, not AC's attempt at serving drinks from a mickey or being ignored.
Huh?

LH uses large bottles of liquor in F, and minis in J.

Seems to me AC is doing the "more premium" thing in J.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:06 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50/MM, HH gold, Nat Exec Elite, Kimpton Karma
I recall a promo last summer (northern summer) for a few days to AU, 15% off with a code available to all via AC website.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: AC SEMM
Originally Posted by The Lev
Many years ago I was able to buy AC J LHR-YYZ loooong stopover YYZ-YVR-SYD-YVR-YYZ loooong stoppover YYZ-LHR for ~$3,500 IIRC.

Just required a positioning vacation to LHR well in advance of my trip to SYD.

Haven't seen those LHR deals in a while.
The fare is still around except it's $6,600 - allows two stopovers.
Old Jul 2, 2017, 9:44 pm
Original Member

A few years ago DL and UA were apparently engaged in a price war, with YVR-SYD for ~$2600 CAD all in... in F. I seem to recall it was in August of that year. About 4 years ago, i think.

Haven't seen anything like it since.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.