Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does AC oversell Premium Economy?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2018, 3:40 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
Going by my pre-flight manifests, I have NEVER seen PY oversold. Not once.

The only scenario I can see would occur during a full-out equipment swap from a full 777 (24 seats) to a 787/330 (21 seats). Personally, I've not experienced that.
I've now seen it once - based on the above scenario. Booked load was 22. It was +1 on the 787 and a single op-up to the appropriate status Customer took care of it. It is by no means a common nor regular occurrence.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 5:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
I've now seen it once - based on the above scenario. Booked load was 22. It was +1 on the 787 and a single op-up to the appropriate status Customer took care of it. It is by no means a common nor regular occurrence.
I don't think that's quite what we're talking about though. Does AC deliberately oversell, or does it only end up that way during IRROPS?

I think I mentioned it before, but I've seen UA oversell J, but J+F load was less than J+F seats, so it was easy to upgrade as necessary.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:34 pm

Programs: *G
For what it's worth, I have several times seen availability on EF exceed the number of seats shown open on the seating plan (eg O6 with 4 open seats showing). I have no idea how it played out in the end.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by canadiancow
I think I mentioned it before, but I've seen UA oversell J, but J+F load was less than J+F seats, so it was easy to upgrade as necessary.
I don't see why AC would not do the same. Especially since upgrades from PY have highest priority. Which may be why BTW.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Too bad the former AC lurkers got "scared" away from some former blowhards here... back in the day, a simple question like this gets answered by them PDQ.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.