Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Missing AQM due to being "offloaded" in AC system

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Missing AQM due to being "offloaded" in AC system

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 12:55 pm
Original Poster

Missing AQM due to being "offloaded" in AC system

Looking to see if anyone has had past experience with something similar below:

I flew YYZ-FRA-JNB back in May, and noticed on my Altitude account that I received mileage for all legs of my flight except the initial YYZ-FRA portion. I submitted a request on Aeroplan and it got denied. After some long conversations with Aeroplan and Air Canada support, they could not explain why, but for whatever reason, AC agents were making changes to my ticket until boarding, and the last change that was made indicated that I wasn't on the plane, when clearly I was.

I was told to send an e-mail to customer relations, and they've responded by apologizing (of course) for taking so long to get this fixed. It's been two weeks now and after sending a follow up e-mail last week, I still haven't heard back. Anything else I can do but wait?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 1:07 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
They ask for 30 days to respond to submissions to that group. Its ridiculous I agree.

This is simply a good example of some basic testaments of bad customer service.............

◾Lack of manners
◾Rude discourteous behavior
◾Long waits in line
◾Lack of knowledge of the product or policy PARTIAL CHECK
◾Lack of follow-through CHECK
◾Not resolving a complaint PARTIAL CHECK
◾Unresponsive technology or not knowing how to use it CHECK
◾Making customer perform other tasks to solve problem when company notified CHECK
◾Unfulfilled promises, lies and other deceptions

Sounds like you got 3 hits and 2 partial hits. Another AC success story goes online.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by circky
Looking to see if anyone has had past experience with something similar below:

I flew YYZ-FRA-JNB back in May, and noticed on my Altitude account that I received mileage for all legs of my flight except the initial YYZ-FRA portion. I submitted a request on Aeroplan and it got denied. After some long conversations with Aeroplan and Air Canada support, they could not explain why, but for whatever reason, AC agents were making changes to my ticket until boarding, and the last change that was made indicated that I wasn't on the plane, when clearly I was.

I was told to send an e-mail to customer relations, and they've responded by apologizing (of course) for taking so long to get this fixed. It's been two weeks now and after sending a follow up e-mail last week, I still haven't heard back. Anything else I can do but wait?
The only time this happened to me, I got it fixed on arrival by a concierge, but it took him quite a while.

I imagine you're going to have to wait.

Do you need the AQM urgently?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 10:59 pm
Suspended

so if you were supposedly offloaded from the YYZ-FRA segment, how come the remaining segment(s) weren't cancelled?
Old Jun 26, 2017, 11:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BenSenise
so if you were supposedly offloaded from the YYZ-FRA segment, how come the remaining segment(s) weren't cancelled?
Because it doesn't work that way, contrary to the beliefs of all our resident experts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.