Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Air Canada 777-300ER row 18 armrest & legroom

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Air Canada 777-300ER row 18 armrest & legroom

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2017, 3:34 pm
Original Poster

Air Canada 777-300ER row 18 armrest & legroom

Does anyone know whether the armrests on row 18 of an Air Canada 777-300ER go up? It costs $120 to upgrade and we're traveling with a toddler, so it's really important to us that the armrest goes up.

My husband asked a pilot buddy, who was told by a senior flight crew that it does go up. However, when I phoned Air Canada just now to upgrade, the phone operator said her system shows row 18's armrests do NOT go up because there are TVs in it.

I would greatly appreciate any input! I have googled extensively and searched through this forum with no answers.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 5:29 pm

With that gap between 18 and the row in front I'd assume the screen IS stowed in the armrest!

Edit : looks like a bulkhead...so even if the screen is on the wall..the tray table is likely to be in the armrest...
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:24 pm

Programs: AC*A
Not sure about Row 18 specifically, but the other exit rows have fixed armrests on all but the E/F seats:
Old Jun 18, 2017, 6:25 pm

Programs: 35 K
I know that 18 A,B,C and H,J,K are with the TV below and table in the armrest and the armrest does not move since I use these seats a lot. I also believe the center 4 do not move but I have seen bassinets hung on the wall in front of them.
Old Jun 18, 2017, 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by Orcair
Not sure about Row 18 specifically, but the other exit rows have fixed armrests on all but the E/F seats:
Nice picture, you can see the one seat has the armrest go up in the centre four seats. We've taken advantage of this in the past. Best luck with the little one. Bring snacks, toys and more diapers than you think you'll need.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 2:40 pm

Arm rests

I hope you found your answer. I'm curious why traveling with a toddler requires a raised arm rest?
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: AC
Originally Posted by sparker72
I hope you found your answer. I'm curious why traveling with a toddler requires a raised arm rest?
Ease of access to care for the little one. Not something well understood until a baby enters one's life!
Old Jun 21, 2017, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Seats look really tight.
Old Jun 21, 2017, 4:38 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
This is a great example of why I read Flyertalk. Poster asks a question of importance to them which (frankly) I have no idea, others jump in with pictures and answers, now I know why the OP wanted the info and have learnt a little bit.

Great job to all.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by sparker72
When the toddler naps they can use your leg as a pillow, well until their feet reach the next seat.

​​​​​
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:52 am

Programs: Aeroplan
The best part about flying with younger kids is that you can put up the armrest and create a seat that is wide enough for an actual adult.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Originally Posted by smallmj
The best part about flying with younger kids is that you can put up the armrest and create a seat that is wide enough for an actual adult.
Not on Rouge.
Old Jul 3, 2017, 4:33 pm
Original Poster

Super delayed reply, but thank you everyone for your input. The photo was especially helpful. We haven't made our final decision yet, but I think we'll go with row 18 E/F seats as it looks like that armrest does go up.

For those who ask, the armrest going up is important because otherwise my toddler would be sleeping just on me. She's getting heavy so it would be tough to get comfortable. The raised armrest would allow her to nap on my husband and I.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 4:18 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
Hi samjanerob, have you received any further confirmation that row 18 E/F seats have the armrests that go up? My family is in the exact situation as you, wanting to move to row 18, but only if the armrests can go up for our baby.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 5:02 pm
Original Poster

Hey cwee. Replied to your PM as well, but thought I would put it on the public thread so others can see it. Yes, success! The armrest for 18E and 18F do go up. Not only that, no one sat in 18D or 18G so we had the whole row to ourselves. It was amazing.

The armrest definitely does NOT go up for 18ABC if anyone out there considers that option. I made sure to scope out the situation.

Good luck!
delpiero223 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.