Search

Do you ever forget about bookings?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Do you ever forget about bookings?

Looking through the app (which, for the record, does a great job of pulling in all bookings with my Aeroplan number), I found a couple bookings I don't recall making.

One is a Latitude FP booking, so I can just cancel that.

The other is a non-refundable revenue booking. I called in about it, they resolved a schedule change, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember making it.

I'm probably going to make use of it, as the timing works out well, but it's unnerving to not remember these things.

Has anyone else come across bookings they forgot they had?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:52 pm

I have never came across that. I don't travel that often, so it's easier to remember!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Are you saying you booked trips, but forgot you were going to have those trips? You need to hire a travel butler....I can send you my CV.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:53 pm

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
It's happened to me before but it's always been refundable booking or reward booking that I've made "just in case" and then all of a sudden i get an email that it's time to check in.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:54 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Looking through the app (which, for the record, does a great job of pulling in all bookings with my Aeroplan number), I found a couple bookings I don't recall making.

One is a Latitude FP booking, so I can just cancel that.

The other is a non-refundable revenue booking. I called in about it, they resolved a schedule change, but I cannot, for the life of me, remember making it.

I'm probably going to make use of it, as the timing works out well, but it's unnerving to not remember these things.

Has anyone else come across bookings they forgot they had?
Are you getting prematurely old?
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:58 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lespoir
Are you saying you booked trips, but forgot you were going to have those trips? You need to hire a travel butler....I can send you my CV.
Well I have a one-way booking, returning to SFO. So clearly it's not a whole trip. Also an odd time for me to have booked anything, though it lines up fairly well with having to be back here for an event.

Originally Posted by philelite
It's happened to me before but it's always been refundable booking or reward booking that I've made "just in case" and then all of a sudden i get an email that it's time to check in.
Glad I caught this earlier, as I have to book an outbound

Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
Are you getting prematurely old?
I think I'm getting old at just the right rate, thank you
Old Jun 3, 2017, 5:58 pm

Programs: Altitude SE, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver
After too many pickles and beers in the MLL I have made some bookings I don't recall till later when they come up in the app!
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I did the opposite. I.knew i.had a booking but couldn't remember where or find any confirmations.

Wish i travelled so much I forgot one.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: TK *G
There are situations where I thought my flight was 2 days away but it was in fact the next day. But I have never "totally forgot" a flight.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:19 pm

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
I forget about a lot of things... which is why I set calendar reminder... about EVERYTHING
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
I forget about a lot of things... which is why I set calendar reminder... about EVERYTHING
That's not really what I'm asking.

So your calendar reminder goes off and says "you have a flight".

But you don't remember booking the flight (or setting the reminder), or why you booked it.

The main flight in question for me is in 3 weeks. I didn't miss it. Any alert I set wouldn't have gone off for weeks. But I don't remember booking it.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 6:51 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Yes.

Last month, I totally forgot about a schedule change, had the old times in my excel, and rushed to the airport for nothing. I ended up having to spend 2 hours in a not-so-nice airport.

Then another time, there was a major schedule change I had forgotten which had me overnight in a transit country instead of a 1 hour connection. That was a... surprise.

And then there was a booking I speculatively made, forgot to cancel, forgot about it completely, and then it showed up in a reminder email as a check-in reminder. Oh boy that was not good.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 9:35 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
It happens to me fairly often with hotel rooms (I pre-emptively book refundable rates when I think I'll be in a city on particular dates). Never with flights though.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:52 pm

Programs: AS-GoldMVP,Hilton, Hyatt, Hertz
Yup. As a matter of fact two weeks ago I got a notice that it was time to check in for my flight and I had completely forgot about the trip. Thank goodness for that 24 reminder.
Old Jun 3, 2017, 11:03 pm

Programs: AC SE100*1MM; Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Emeraldcity
Yup. As a matter of fact two weeks ago I got a notice that it was time to check in for my flight and I had completely forgot about the trip. Thank goodness for that 24 reminder.
It appears that I have not flown enough and I still feel excited prior to each trip, so I have never forgotten any trip yet.

....thought there are a few times I did not become to realize the departure time until the night before; it was just that the tickets were booked at least over one month before the travel date, and I did not check the exact departure time. Two years ago, I also got wrong the departure date from DPS to PEK, only to discover two days ahead of time that I needed to leave on Dec 30, not Dec 31. This caused me to have to pay an extra hotel night (prepaid hotel nights and the IHG refused to refund for early check out, in Bali).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.