Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question about same-day flight changes on Air Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2017, 8:38 am
Original Poster

[Apologies if this information is buried somewhere else in this thread]

Is it usually possible on Air Canada to make same-day flight changes without paying hundreds of dollars in fees (assuming there are empty seats, of course)? I've heard different stories from different people.

Next month I'm flying from the US to Europe by way of Montreal (YUL). During my layover at YUL, I'd like to do the retina scan for my already-activated NEXUS card. Unfortunately, my flight to YUL arrives shortly before the NEXUS office closes. I'd like to get on either of the two earlier Air Canada flights to YUL on that same day, but not to change my flight from YUL to Europe. Thanks!
Old May 6, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
You have to book appointments for the NEXUS processing, so it may be a moot point.

SDC is available for higher fare classes (latitude and above), and for some statuses (maybe only SE?).

Personally, I'd not risk the wrath of annoying the NEXUS types, so I'd pay the difference if you really want the interview then (if both a different seat and interview slot are available).
Old May 6, 2017, 9:03 am

See https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...to-the-us.html (assuming Canada-US rules apply in your case) for the details. Not free on the cheaper fare classes.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:03 am

Programs: *G
I didn't think you needed an appointment just to do a scan or update information etc - only for the actual approval interviews.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RangerNS
You have to book appointments for the NEXUS processing, so it may be a moot point.

SDC is available for higher fare classes (latitude and above), and for some statuses (maybe only SE?).

Personally, I'd not risk the wrath of annoying the NEXUS types, so I'd pay the difference if you really want the interview then (if both a different seat and interview slot are available).
For interviews to get NEXUS after pre-approval, you're right - you have to book appointments in advance. The nice part is that if it's only for the retina scan after you already have NEXUS, then CBSA policy is to let do it on the spot. This would seem to apply only to people who interviewed in person for NEXUS in the US, since you have to do the eye scan in Canada.
Old May 6, 2017, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 28isGreat
See https://www.aircanada.com/ca/en/aco/...to-the-us.html (assuming Canada-US rules apply in your case) for the details. Not free on the cheaper fare classes.
How did I not find this before? Thanks, 28isGreat!
Old May 6, 2017, 1:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by fin 645
I didn't think you needed an appointment just to do a scan or update information etc - only for the actual approval interviews.
Correct.

When I updated my passport info, just arrived, signed the waitsheet with reason, and I was called up not too long after that.
Old May 6, 2017, 8:45 pm

Programs: *$ Green
I drove to the border to get my interview done.

On the way back to Canada, I told them about the iris scan and waived me through.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.