Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2017, 3:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Oh look a second wifi badge
traacs likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:45 pm

Oh wow a third one!

If they give me one every business day before the leaderboard locks down, I think I'll get what I'm owed
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: AC SE, Marriott - Titanium
Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh wow a third one!

If they give me one every business day before the leaderboard locks down, I think I'll get what I'm owed
I got 9 today
Old Dec 24, 2017, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K , 1MM, Hilton Diamond, KLM
FT'ers Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It was great to meet a lot of you at DO'S or passing in ML lounges or on flights running EYW
Old Dec 24, 2017, 10:51 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
I had a bunch of WiFi badges post between now and whenever I last logged in. That will get me my extra 2,000 bonus Aeroplan miles, so that's all I really care about at this point. I don't see my rank changing much from #429
canadiancow and jc94 like this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
I'm -1 badge and -250 with today's update, which is bizarre. Still missing 12 wifi badges, which I sent in 4 weeks ago and was told I should have entered my AP number in the form when I bought them, which I obviously did do each time. We will see what happens.
Old Jan 6, 2018, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by Rundosrun
I'm -1 badge and -250 with today's update, which is bizarre. Still missing 12 wifi badges, which I sent in 4 weeks ago and was told I should have entered my AP number in the form when I bought them, which I obviously did do each time. We will see what happens.
I am also "Since your last login, you've earned -250 Wings and -1 badges.".
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:19 pm

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
I am also "Since your last login, you've earned -250 Wings and -1 badges.".
At "0 wings and 0 badges", i have moved up one spot to 29, which, though mildly amusing, does not give me any great confidence about holding one of those 11-30 spots and does not make up for so...much.....missing stuff. I will give another week and then start "communicating".
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:33 pm

I'm getting a little concerned. I'm still missing some duty free wings, and obviously all the wifi badges. And we're down to 3 weeks remaining.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AC E75K, Chatime Elite
And all I want is a Level Up Badge which will get me past 2000 wings, and thus, 2000 miles... I'd hate to even think of missing out on the many wings or badges the higher fliers are owed.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, IHG Diamond, National Exec Elite
I'm getting a little concerned. I'm still missing some duty free wings, and obviously all the wifi badges. And we're down to 3 weeks remaining.
You are not alone in your quest for numerous WiFi badges! I will say though that this badge has backfired for AC from my perspective. I bought the monthly pass and had soooo many issues, it convinced me to cancel it as soon as EYW was over!
Old Jan 8, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by SearsTower

You are not alone in your quest for numerous WiFi badges! I will say though that this badge has backfired for AC from my perspective. I bought the monthly pass and had soooo many issues, it convinced me to cancel it as soon as EYW was over!
You should also be requesting refunds. WiFi onboard for much of the EYW contest period was not functioning properly. It has convinced me to fly LH for TATL and BR/NH for TPAC if I need to stay connected, even after AC has WiFi on its widebodies. I know it's a different technology on the widebodies, but I am just not convinced AC had the performance and functional specifications written correctly.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:06 am

Programs: AC SE/1MM, Bonvoy Ambassador/Lifetime Titanium, ALL Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SearsTower

Same here with the monthly pass and issues and cancelling. My experience during the contest was about 15% complete fail on wifi connections (including one day where I had a new CRJ without wifi installed yet), and 20% significant delay making connection. One day I spent 90 minutes in a continuous effort to connect on a 2 hour YHZ-YYZ flight, before I was able to connect. No OCD behaviours here, thank you very much!
canadiancow and ReRouteMe like this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: AC SE100K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum Elite. NEXUS
I've gotten 0 WiFi badges. Not that it will change my position #337 at all, but perhaps kick in another 2k bonus miles.
canadiancow likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 1:03 pm

Another week, and the wifi badges still have not posted.

At what point should I just do a chargeback for my monthly passes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.