Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alc
w

Is 9yr old now
SE status does age one quickly
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:52 pm

Programs: AC SE
Here is a new one, for me at least. It seems that an itinerary must be pure AC metal to be EYW-eligible. I flew BUD-FRA-YUL-YQB last month with BUD-FRA on LH and the rest on AC. I never got badges for this itinerary so I wrote in. After several weeks, here is the reply I got - oh and I also asked about my On the Go badge:

Our apologies for the wait, and thank you for your patience! We wanted to let you know you are scheduled to receive the On The Go badge when the promotion ends in December. Just a reminder, you have until January 31 to request retro-crediting for any badges you may not have received.

For the flight regarding Lufthansa, since it is part of a connection, it will not count towards the promotion unfortunately, as your trip has to be with Air Canada for the entirety of your travel and a connection with another airline interrupts that aspect. Below, from the Terms and Conditions, it states that it has to be non-stop travel operated by Air Canada.

"The PROMOTION applies to all scheduled non-stop flights operated by Air Canada (including flights operated under the Air Canada Express® banner) and Air Canada Rouge® for travel between September 7 and December 11, 2017, that are eligible for Aeroplan Mile accumulation."

If you have any remaining flights missing from your account, please let us know. Thank you!
I am having trouble interpreting the T&Cs in the same way as the EYW team but there doesn't seem to be much I can do. Weird, right?

Oh and the kicker is that the outbound was YQB-YYZ-AMS-BUD on AC metal except for AMS-BUD and I got the badges for YQB-YYZ-AMS. It doesn't make any sense. I reiterate that EYW is the most frustrating promo I have ever seen.
Old Nov 15, 2017, 2:03 pm

Programs: AC SE, UA, National Exec Elite, Nexus, GE
Originally Posted by jasdou
Here is a new one, for me at least. It seems that an itinerary must be pure AC metal to be EYW-eligible. I flew BUD-FRA-YUL-YQB last month with BUD-FRA on LH and the rest on AC. I never got badges for this itinerary so I wrote in. After several weeks, here is the reply I got - oh and I also asked about my On the Go badge:

I am having trouble interpreting the T&Cs in the same way as the EYW team but there doesn't seem to be much I can do. Weird, right?

Oh and the kicker is that the outbound was YQB-YYZ-AMS-BUD on AC metal except for AMS-BUD and I got the badges for YQB-YYZ-AMS. It doesn't make any sense. I reiterate that EYW is the most frustrating promo I have ever seen.
Wow, that is such a horse .... response from the EYW team. Does AC hire staff with rudimentary level of reading comprehension or what? Only non-stop flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, or Air Canada Rouge count toward the promotion (and itineraries must be booked between September 7, 2017 and October 11, 2017 inclusive to be eligible). This means that as long as those AC/ACx/ACr flights post to Altitude, you shall receive your badges. Codeshared AC flight operated by other airlines don't count (that's easily understandable). Nowhere does the T&C state that the entire itinerary must contain ONLY AC flights.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 4:32 am

Programs: SE100K, Hilton Gold, National Car Emerald
Originally Posted by YYT82
Wow, that is such a horse .... response from the EYW team. Does AC hire staff with rudimentary level of reading comprehension or what? Only non-stop flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, or Air Canada Rouge count toward the promotion (and itineraries must be booked between September 7, 2017 and October 11, 2017 inclusive to be eligible). This means that as long as those AC/ACx/ACr flights post to Altitude, you shall receive your badges. Codeshared AC flight operated by other airlines don't count (that's easily understandable). Nowhere does the T&C state that the entire itinerary must contain ONLY AC flights.
Very strange, I now have 2 YYZ CPH IST with the CPH IST segment on Turkish airlines. No problems with my EYW credits.

Maybe your travel agent split you ticked and booked you a Lufthansa flight on the return. Your AC flight would then be a code share and not eligible.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 8:11 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
How do the Rest Up and Stretch Out! cabin badges work?

"earn the Rest Up badge (250 Wings) for every take off and every landing when you enjoy the benefits of flying in Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, or Business Class to any eligible North American airport"
"earn the Stretch Out! badge (500 Wings) for every take off and every landing at any eligible international airport"

Does that mean SFO-YVR is 250+250, and YVR-NRT is 250+500?

Edit:
Also,
"Lie back, relax, and earn the Stretch Out! badge (500 Wings) for every take off and every landing at any eligible international airport (Europe, India, Middle East, Asia, Australia, South America, Central America, Caribbean) on the Destination and Super Destination badge lists, while basking in the ultimate comfort of Premium Economy, Premium Rouge, or Business Class. Eligible booking classes are J,C,D,Z,P,O,E, and N."

Does this mean you get a Stretch Out! for everything other than Canada/US/Mexico? Or am I misreading that.

Last edited by canadiancow; Nov 16, 2017 at 8:31 pm
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:26 pm
alc

I also misunderstood this badge. For my YUL-ORD in P fare, I thought I will only get a single 250 Wings (i.e. 1 Rest-Up badge) as it is per flight, but I end up got 500 Wings (i.e. 2 Rest-Up) as it is per Airport that is destination or super destination.

In your post for SFO-YVR-NRT, YVR is not a destination or super destination, hence a P fare for this route will get 1 rest up for SFO->YVR flight and 1 stretch-out for the YVR->NRT flight. Hence a total of 750 Wings for the 2 badges.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by alc
I also misunderstood this badge. For my YUL-ORD in P fare, I thought I will only get a single 250 Wings (i.e. 1 Rest-Up badge) as it is per flight, but I end up got 500 Wings (i.e. 2 Rest-Up) as it is per Airport that is destination or super destination.

In your post for SFO-YVR-NRT, YVR is not a destination or super destination, hence a P fare for this route will get 1 rest up for SFO->YVR flight and 1 stretch-out for the YVR->NRT flight. Hence a total of 750 Wings for the 2 badges.
Oh wow, hadn't noticed that either haha.

I'm trying to update my calculator to support the cabin and accelerator badges, and it's trickier than I imagined, given I don't even understand how the badges work.
Old Nov 16, 2017, 10:04 pm

Okay I've added premium cabin support.

YYJ-YVR=NRT=YVR=YUL-YQB where - means Y and = means PY/J.

http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw...DYVR%3DYUL-YQB

Hopefully I'll get the accelerator in too. I'm having a hard time calculating my wing count
Old Nov 17, 2017, 9:55 am

Location: YVR - MILLS Waypoint (It's the third house on the left)
Programs: AC*SE100K, wood level status in various other programs
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I'm having a hard time calculating my wing count
I sometimes wonder if that's not by design given that this thread appears to be the only KBase for the EYW promotion.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 1:39 pm

Programs: Air Canada - Aeroplan Black, AC - E50K, NEXUS/GE
Well it looks like anyone who got the "Double Dare" badge people were wondering about got it in error. There is an announcement on the EYW homepage now.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 2:57 pm

Programs: SE100K, Hilton Gold, National Car Emerald
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
Well it looks like anyone who got the "Double Dare" badge people were wondering about got it in error. There is an announcement on the EYW homepage now.
i wonder how many miles were associated with these badges and if it will significantly change the rankings.
Old Nov 17, 2017, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by SE100K Sinner
i wonder how many miles were associated with these badges and if it will significantly change the rankings.
Certainly not much difference for top 30.

The most I saw was a few thousand wings.
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:33 am
alc

Mystery #4 finally show up. It is the badge that we all thought it will be at one point:

Speak Your Mind Badge

Log into your account and complete a short survey about the game to earn 500 Wings. The Speak Your Mind Badge can only be collected once.

Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:52 am

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by alc
Mystery #4 finally show up. It is the badge that we all thought it will be at one point:

And where is the survey exactly? I tried finding it but it is nowhere to be found. It is probably at the same place as my missing FRA, YUL, On the Go, Accelerator, Level Up and car rental badges. Oh I have so many things to say on this survey.

Last edited by jasdou; Nov 20, 2017 at 7:27 am
Old Nov 20, 2017, 6:57 am
alc

Originally Posted by jasdou
And where is the survey exactly? I tried finding it but it is nowhere to be found. It is probably at the same place as my missing FRA, YUL, On the Go and car rental badges. Oh I have so many things to say on this survey.
I did it from my phone, once you login, there is the banner on the right side of the screen. You click on it and you will be able to start asking question 1 of 7.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.