Search
Old Aug 24, 2017, 7:44 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: canadiancow
https://earnyourwings.aircanada.com/en/how-to-play

canadiancow's calculator: http://flyertalk.canadiancow.com/eyw/index.php

FT members trying to earn a spot in the top 30:

alc (aaalllccc) - 126,500 wings + any WiFi I will get
canadiancow - ~106,575 so far (earned, not posted)
mozzarella - ~86K wings + future wifi
biglinguist -- 61,000 wings (2 days' EYW runs + regular travel)
mikeyyz - ~50k wings (aiming for 28-30th too)
dtman85 (deedat85)- 41K wings (4 days' EYW runs)-(Aiming for 28-30th)
bonaventure - 40k wings

****** Posted on EYW Website ******
12/11/17
This edition of Air Canada Earn Your Wings is now over. Thank you for participating in this sixth edition for Air Canada Altitude 2017 members. Bonus Aeroplan Miles will be credited up to three weeks after the final refresh on February 15, 2018, so check the website for Leaderboard ranking updates.
Print Wikipost

Earn Your Wings (EYW) v6 2017

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:38 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by canadiancow
If every wifi badge is going to require manual crediting, it seems like quite a stupid badge.
So AC are having issues awarding a badge for using their technology. Who could have predicted this
ScGhost0 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC SE100k, Marriott Titanium Elite, Accor Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
I sent them a message yesterday from the contact form with regards to my missing wifi badge and they answered me within 4 hours asking for a receipt from GoGo and said that once they had that they would credit my missing wings. I'm assuming once the next update to the board goes through it will be there. Was actually surprised how quickly they got back to me but maybe this is the outlier considering their track record
I had the same experience 2 weeks ago. Still zero wifi badges and missing 9.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:26 pm

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ScGhost0
I sent them a message yesterday from the contact form with regards to my missing wifi badge and they answered me within 4 hours asking for a receipt from GoGo and said that once they had that they would credit my missing wings. I'm assuming once the next update to the board goes through it will be there. Was actually surprised how quickly they got back to me but maybe this is the outlier considering their track record
DM'd them via Twitter. Took them more than a week to respond after I submitted the receipts and indicated that wings should be posting some time this week... We shall see
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:08 am
alc

Mystery badge #3

Wild Card Badge

Give the gift of travel — or keep it for yourself. Earn 1,000 Wings for every $500 spent on an Air Canada gift card, to a maximum of $2,000 per gift card, between October 6 and October 11, 2017, inclusively. Give the card as a gift, or use it to book additional flights within the game. See complete terms and conditions.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 6:13 am
alc

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
DM'd them via Twitter. Took them more than a week to respond after I submitted the receipts and indicated that wings should be posting some time this week... We shall see
which Twitter handle did you use to get in touch with the EYW team? As I can't find one to resolve my issue via Twitter. I DM'd the AC handle and that team told me the online form is the only channel of communication to EYW team.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 8:16 am

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by alc
Mystery badge #3

Wild Card Badge

Give the gift of travel — or keep it for yourself. Earn 1,000 Wings for every $500 spent on an Air Canada gift card, to a maximum of $2,000 per gift card, between October 6 and October 11, 2017, inclusively. Give the card as a gift, or use it to book additional flights within the game. See complete terms and conditions.
Interesting, as the T&C and the challenge badge doesn't mention the $2,000 limit!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Oh gee golly whiz I'm going to earn so many wings. I've always wanted to max out my credit cards on AC gift cards!
Old Oct 6, 2017, 9:13 am
alc

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Oh gee golly whiz I'm going to earn so many wings. I've always wanted to max out my credit cards on AC gift cards!
exactly, that is why I made that comment on Oct 3 above when I found this badge is coming. and it look like the survey for 500 Wings that I found is also just another old leftover codes/badge. Hence, they are doing a bit better hiding future un-announce mystery badges
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:24 am

Programs: AC*SEMM, *G, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by alc
which Twitter handle did you use to get in touch with the EYW team? As I can't find one to resolve my issue via Twitter. I DM'd the AC handle and that team told me the online form is the only channel of communication to EYW team.
I had first posted a tweet using their handle, to which they replied via DM and to which I replied...
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:51 am
alc

Originally Posted by YOWCDNFF
I had first posted a tweet using their handle, to which they replied via DM and to which I replied...
ah I see. Thanks for the tips as I might need to try that if they decide to just ignore both my "contact us" forms
Old Oct 6, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: AC 100K SE (*G), Marriott P, SPG G, Hilton D
Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Interesting, as the T&C and the challenge badge doesn't mention the $2,000 limit!
To buy AC GCs online there is a $2000 limit per card.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 12:37 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, AA EXP, SPG Plt, HH Dmnd
Originally Posted by philelite
To buy AC GCs online there is a $2000 limit per card.
Thanks. It appears as though the wings are per-transaction on any card above $500, so a gift card purchase of $1000 would still only earn 1000 wings. Though the EYW team seems to be slow at responding to any question sent their way so it hasn't been clarified.
Old Oct 6, 2017, 1:32 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Bonaventure
Thanks. It appears as though the wings are per-transaction on any card above $500, so a gift card purchase of $1000 would still only earn 1000 wings. Though the EYW team seems to be slow at responding to any question sent their way so it hasn't been clarified.
it did say every $500:

Earn 1,000 Wings for every $500 spent on an Air Canada gift card,
so, $2000 gift card should get 4000 wings, if I am not mistaking
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:29 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
and with AC gift cards, NOTHING could possibly go wrong...

no travel insurance from a CC, no refundability to gift card, etc

makes it a hard sell to earn 250k wings this way just by buying gift cards
Old Oct 6, 2017, 3:49 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by expert7700
and with AC gift cards, NOTHING could possibly go wrong...

no travel insurance from a CC, no refundability to gift card, etc

makes it a hard sell to earn 250k wings this way just by buying gift cards
If this becomes "pay to win"...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.