Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

No rebooking in MLL: another "enhancement?"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE

IRROPS at YYZ, as per usual today.

Tried to rebook with the lounge dragon, was told that they could not help me and that I was to call the phone number or go to AC service desk.

I have fond memories of being helped to rebook here. New policy? New staff who doesn't know what to do? Would love to hear. In fairness, haven't had IRROPS for a while, so maybe I've just been spoiled...

l.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: AC MM E50, AF Flying Blue
Originally Posted by lowdown

Tried to rebook with the lounge dragon, was told that they could not help me and that I was to call the phone number or go to AC service desk.

I have fond memories of being helped to rebook here. New policy? New staff who doesn't know what to do? Would love to hear. In fairness, haven't had IRROPS for a while, so maybe I've just been spoiled...

l.
Call concierge. May experience long wait as I did earlier this week.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:44 pm

Programs: AC 50k 1MM, Marriott LT Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by run&fly
Well you can't deny that it's a good policy to disempower other staff when the concierges are overburdened and undertrained. How else are they supposed to make a bad situation worse for their customers?
Old Apr 6, 2017, 5:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE
Originally Posted by run&fly
alas. I failed to update my profile. No longer SE:.. Back to E50k. I do miss concierge....
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:40 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
alas. I failed to update my profile. No longer SE:.. Back to E50k. I do miss concierge....
I just spent 40 mins on hold on the E50K "priority" line ... good luck.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:40 pm

I've actually never (since 2011) been able to receive rebooking help in the YYZ domestic MLL. I've had much better luck at the YUL domestic MLL.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gateguard0
I've actually never (since 2011) been able to receive rebooking help in the YYZ domestic MLL. I've had much better luck at the YUL domestic MLL.
I find it's hit or miss.

Until they're willing to put priority lines at the airside customer service desks, they absolutely should expect people with status to use the MLL agents.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC

l.
IIRC, this was a "enhancement" a couple years back?

However, many of you by now have seen the customer service sign hanging above on the right side when you enter the YYZ Domestic MLL... if they don't rebook for you, then what is the use of that line?

With all the recent YYZ IRROPS and the runway closure, that line has been somewhat long the last few days.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE AND 1MM, HHonors Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum , L'Accor Platinum
One thing I do like about the UA clubs at their major hubs - they have a separate and special desk for reservation (booking/re-booking) issues. I wish that the MLLs at AC major hubs offered that service.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
One thing I do like about the UA clubs at their major hubs - they have a separate and special desk for reservation (booking/re-booking) issues. I wish that the MLLs at AC major hubs offered that service.
And they'll seemingly try and do anything for you. Used the one at IAH this week, they were fantastic (and super friendly).
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:06 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by FlyerGoldII
Not just UA but DL and AA as well.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:36 pm

Programs: AC 50K (*G), Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I find it's hit or miss.

Until they're willing to put priority lines at the airside customer service desks, they absolutely should expect people with status to use the MLL agents.
The good news is most of the major AC stations now have priority customer service lines. Saw them in YVR, YUL, YYZ last month.

Edit: Maybe not on TB side.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 7:45 pm

Programs: AC SE MM, Hyatt Globalist, SPG Platinum, hhonors Gold
Has been that way for a long time. I find it ironic that they installed signs in the YYZ TB lounge that say Customer Service. Not clear what service they actually provide.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 8:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by yyzgigi
Has been that way for a long time. I find it ironic that they installed signs in the YYZ TB lounge that say Customer Service. Not clear what service they actually provide.
Same as the YYZ Dom MLL.

The purpose of the line is to line up for 30 minutes only to be told, when it's your turn, that they can't help you.
Old Apr 6, 2017, 9:03 pm

Programs: AC 35k
I had no trouble in the YVR Dom MLL for IRROPS last month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.