Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Domestic Meal Service

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2003, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

New Domestic Meal Service

I just finished reading the thread about International meal service. I thought I would share this with you.

I just had the "new domestic J meal service" on YYC-YYZ. ZIP, Nada and wahtever else you want to call it.

There was a choice of 2 cold plates, salmon and chicken. Row 2 did not get a choice, as there were only 6 salmon were loaded.. The chicken contained shrimp as well. As I am alergic, no chicken for me. No Y meals offered, as they seemed to be a big seller and were sold out.

Only explanation given by FA was that they had to serve E & SE their choices first. No consideration for paid J, as apparently she said all 20 seats were paid, not a single upgrade.! I am only SP this year (missed by less than 1k), and this type of attitued will ensure that I will probably not make SP this year.

If only WS had decent connections/travel times to YHZ, I would have definitely saved my employer's money, and gotten the same level of service.

By the way, the YYZ-YHZ meal was pathetic. A wrap that was dried out and weighed about 10 pounds.

Thanks to that great Cara operation called Harveys, I did not starve on this 8 hour ordeal.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 3:48 pm

Programs: AC LT E50K; AC*MM; SPG LT Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Only explanation given by FA was that they had to serve E & SE their choices first.</font>

This strikes me as odd. I've never noticed that they do this, but if they do, wouldn't it make sense to publicize it just a little. A benefit (whether or not you agree with it) that's kept secret really does nothing for the recipients.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 3:57 pm

Maybe they were trying to deflect the blame from themselves and onto management. Not a bad idea if people were upset.

I don't eat salmon and wouldn't want chicken that had shrimp either. If it was me, I'd be stewed in that situation.

Thank goodness for Harveys. No matter how scary some say it is.
Old Mar 14, 2003, 4:32 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Academic:
I've never noticed that they do this</font>
It depends on the FAs. Some like to do it and some don't care at all. (Some likes to shock you - they walk to you and say 'beef or chicken' and that's it.)
Old Mar 14, 2003, 6:57 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by cattle:
I don't eat salmon and wouldn't want chicken that had shrimp either. </font>
Let me guess you are a red meat kind of guy?

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">If it was me, I'd be stewed in that situation.</font>
Beef Stew?
Old Mar 14, 2003, 6:59 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by MapleLeaf:
Beef Stew? </font>
Of course. rofl

Old Mar 14, 2003, 7:13 pm
Company Representative - Air Canada

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by I'llMissCP:
I would have definitely saved my employer's money, and gotten the same level of service.</font>
Then why are you flying paid J?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.