Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Eupgrade points expiring Feb 28: redeem by or use by?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Eupgrade points expiring Feb 28: redeem by or use by?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
Eupgrade points expiring Feb 28: redeem by or use by?

Hi,

Quick question. A lot of Eupgrade points expiring Feb 28. Plan to fly to SYD before, but return after. What's the relevant date, the one on which the upgrade is awarded or the actual flying in upgraded class date?

Knowing this might affect my travelling plans

Thanks in advance for your help!

P.S. Just boarded a short LGA - YUL. See you in eh! land soon
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:28 pm

Programs: AC Lifetime SE100K, 3MM, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite
It is based on the flight dates.
Old Feb 22, 2017, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AP 1992- , AC SE1MM, NEXUS, GE, TD Visa Infinite Privilege, Fairmont Platinum
Originally Posted by YEG_SE4Life
It is based on the flight dates.
Awesome, thanks very much!

Not the answer I was hoping for, but it's the logical one...
Old Feb 22, 2017, 4:58 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
It has been posted that some people have, in the past, redeemed credits expiring end of February for flights after that date, but it seems to be an occasional system glitch, so you could give it a shot and see if you get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it since technically the answer is exactly as YEG_SE4Life posted.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Speaking of which... I wanted to post this last week but was unable to... I have 120 eUps expiring at the end of the month... I would like my nominee slot to be filled for the next five days especially for those who have long flights overseas on AC metal and 014 stock. But at this point I'm just willing to take anyone with proof they have flights to upgrade in the next five days. If you are serious, then please message me via FT email and not PM as my PM mailbox is super over quota and I don't have time to do cleaning at the moment.

Don't be offended though if I don't respond right away or at all, as I won't be able to necessarily tend to everyone's immediate needs.

The only caveat obviously is that the person I choose will have to provide proof with a record locator and surname that they do have eligible fights to be upgraded.

Also, I will perform all upgrades for the nominee... in other words, the nominee will not be provided with access to my eUp account. That should make sense for most of you here, because I know some of you aren't that bright.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 7:48 am

Programs: AC SE 1MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Very generous yyznomad!

Unrelated, but everyone should check that itineraries which span March 1 and are eupgraded, have the eUps taken from the right buckets. I've just spend 45 minutes on the phone getting an issue fixed where I upgraded YYZ-SFO-YYZ all at one time, and both segment eups were taken from 2018 bucket, while 2017 credits remained (and the flight was in February). Or, more smartly, upgrade the segments separately in weird scenarios like this in the future

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.