Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Targetted? Get 7500 points and get a happy ending?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:45 am
Original Poster

Got an e-mail with the following...

At the bottom is a link to select merchant categories.

One of the categories...I assume not to be confused with the health spa in the line below.
Attached Images   
Old Feb 17, 2017, 8:55 am
Suspended

So Aeroplan received an itemized record of transactions and will know if you use your TD/CIBC/AMEX Aeroplan credit card to pay for a happy ending massage ?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 11:25 am
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
I think that's in the terms that yes they do receive a list of your transactions, but this specific promo is more likely to be sponsored on the CIBC side. Possibly to differentiate from the TD product.

I got this too. Having signed up for the CIBC card about 6 months ago.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Is this promo only for the CIBC Aeroplan card?
Is it possible this might apply for TD cardholders?
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:25 pm

Programs: Non-status paid F/J (best value for $$$)
Talking

Don't the places that actually provide happy ending insist on cash payment anyway? I doubt they would take credit cards unless they also offer legit massages.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by daniellam
Don't the places that actually provide happy ending insist on cash payment anyway? I doubt they would take credit cards unless they also offer legit massages.
This, and wouldn't most people think of a massage of this sort as entertainment rather than an everyday errand?

I'd also hope that funeral services and detectives aren't *everyday* errands, but I guess they could be the result of too many massages with happy endings.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:42 am

Programs: A3*G, Fairmont Pl, Accor Pl, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Amex Platinum
My offer was for only 5,000 miles. . .
Old Feb 18, 2017, 7:55 am
Suspended

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Originally Posted by codesinvan
My offer was for only 5,000 miles. . .
It would be interesting to guess if the lower amounts were related to one's Aeroplan status, i.e., f one is already spending as is Diamond, there is little need for Aeroplan to offer anything, let alone a higher amount.

If one's spending is low, or dropped, then more Aeroplan miles right be offered as incentive.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 11:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jerry305
Is this promo only for the CIBC Aeroplan card?
Is it possible this might apply for TD cardholders?

There is a CIBC Visa logo on my e-mail.

Originally Posted by daniellam
I had to look in the back of the Georgia Straight. Many providers advertise that they take credit card. However at $80 for 30 minutes you will need a second visit to qualify for this promo!

Originally Posted by 24left
It would be interesting to guess if the lower amounts were related to one's Aeroplan ...If one's spending is low, or dropped, then more Aeroplan miles right be offered as incentive.
I'm barely diamond. 2/3 of my qualifying was from the fall Hertz promo.
My CIBC Visa spending is down because of other credit cards I'm using.
Old Feb 18, 2017, 2:12 pm

Programs: Aeroplan SE 100 IHG Plat Amb Nexus
The copywriter seems to have an interesting idea of everyday errands. All the elements of a bad divorce murder mystery... marriage counseling, dating service, massage parlours, detective agencies and funeral homes...

Old Feb 19, 2017, 4:35 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
I didn't get targeted for this. That means no happy ending for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.