Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

MLL Paid Guest Access - agent correct?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 1:23 pm
Original Poster

Good Day Everyone!
I have a question that I asked the agent at the call centre earlier and the answer didn't sound correct (surprise, I know). I checked the AC website and what I THOUGHT was correct is listed there but I wanted to check with you guys and gals as I've never run into this before. Here is the situation...

Travelling YLW-YYC-YHZ in May. Friends are YLW-YYC-YSJ. I'm on a J award which gives me access to the MLL in YYC. Friends are on a paid ticket in Tango. We have several hours connection in YYC and I thought I remembered that we could pay for them to accompany us into the lounge. As per the AC website it states:

We welcome any customers to the Maple Leaf Lounge who are travelling in Business Class and who are travelling on Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, an Air Canada Express flight operated by Jazz or Star Alliance.

Additional guests may accompany qualifying passengers for $15 CAD per person before 11 a.m. and for $25 CAD per person after 11 a.m. For the Frankfurt and Paris lounges, the cost is 25€ Euros at any hour. The London Heathrow Departures lounge cost is 25£ (GBP) at any hour.

But I called today regarding another issue but asked the agent if this was true and she said that they had to be on a Latitude or Flex fare; I think she was confused with buying it outright under travel options and not recognising the J class guest point - who is correct here?
Old Feb 13, 2017, 2:22 pm
formerly BackSlash3

Programs: AC P25, Marriott Gold, IHG Diamond AMB
My understanding of the rules is that J pax don't have any guest privileges and so you cant
pay for additional guests. People with status or memberships can bring in 1 or 2 free guests and can then pay for additional guests.

Wow, the mobile MLL website has really little information regarding this despite a huge terms and conditions list.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.