Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

Question: Connections featuring less than the minimum connection time show on Aeroplan.com?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Question: Connections featuring less than the minimum connection time show on Aeroplan.com?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2017, 10:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Question Connections featuring less than the minimum connection time show on Aeroplan.com?

I've experienced phantom inventory (non-)availability a handful of times when searching for flights on Aeroplan.com, but this was a new one for me. When searching for flights to Toronto out of Dulles, an option displayed that featured a 71-minute connection through Philadelphia. When the Aeroplan agent tried to book that flight for me, however, she said that her system wouldn't let her book it. I checked the minimum connection time on ExpertFlyer.com, and learned that a domestic-to-international connection at PHL is 90 minutes.

Until today, I've never had Aeroplan.com display flight and route options that feature less than the minimum connection time. Has this ever happened to any of you good folks?

Last edited by Maclock; Feb 7, 2017 at 10:26 pm
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:04 am

Programs: Aeroplan (Silver), Air Miles, IHG Rewards (Platinum)
DOM - INTL at PHL is 90min?
Have a hard time believing that...
Old Feb 8, 2017, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC, BA, DL, AA, JL
Originally Posted by YYC009
DOM - INTL at PHL is 90min?
Have a hard time believing that...
That's what ExpertFlyer.com tells us and the minimum connection time was the reason that the Aeroplan agent couldn't book it. By contrast, a domestic-to-domestic connection at PHL requires a minimum of only 40 minutes at PHL.

Having made a true international connection one time at PHL, flying from Alaska (ANC) to Germany (FRA), I seem to recall that it can be a long hike from what might be the domestic part of the terminal to the international end of it. I don't know if Air Canada uses that international end of it, though, so the 90-minute minimum connection time could well be total overkill.

Last edited by Maclock; Feb 8, 2017 at 6:55 am
Old Feb 8, 2017, 10:05 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
For the purposes of MCT, do flights to Canada qualify as international though? I thought they were domestic? Or, if they do, perhaps the issue is Aeroplan somehow sees it as domestic-domestic and thinks it meets the MCT when in fact it doesn't?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.