Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

2017 Altitude Select Privileges - What did you choose?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2017 Altitude Select Privileges - What did you choose?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: AC SE MM; SPG Plat
Not-quite-standard SE bundle as I took the 2500 AQM instead of credits. I do get a few flight passes a year and my flight patterns are unpredictable enough that I'd like to maximize the likelihood of making SE the following year.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:44 pm

Programs: AC E50K (*Gold), DL, CZ
How Long Until E-Upgrade Credits Are Deposited?

Just made my selections today, as did a family member. We're E50K and P25K, respectively.

How long until the new e-upgrade credits are deposited into our respective accounts? One of my early March flights is at R2 and I'm anxious to upgrade that asap.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 6:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
My guess is tomorrow, but it's possible it might be a little longer.
Old Jan 21, 2017, 7:01 pm

Thanks!

SE for 3 years was fun and rewarding, but it's liberating not to fly AC much this year. Will still aim for E35K or E50K yearly, though, as I find the TPAC schedules perfect for my needs.

Originally Posted by canadiancow
Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:43 am

Programs: NEXUS GE, TSA-Pre, AC E50K
Took my 50th segment on Dec 25th.
Was able to select the morning of Jan 8th I think it was....

Have not gotten any packages but the virtual gold card on the app is good enough. Also, tickets are all printing *G and 50K.

E50K:
- 50% Altitude bonus, 30 eUpgrade credits
- 10 eUpgrade credits, 4 MLL passes
- 8 eUp creds per FP activity.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 3:07 pm

You were right; they were available this morning. ^

Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:03 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
Not to nitpick, but it's not 12 credits for FP activities for an E50K
Like I said, it's moot, so 12, 10, 8, 3.1415, etc, doesn't matter

Originally Posted by Stranger
Precisely the same, except for the last item for my wife, which is equally moot.

I had to check for it, especially since we don't care... And yes, it is 30 and 10 credits.

Not sure why we keep picking the credits. We always end the year with half of them left... (Just to be safe I guess. We might buy more latitude and less P fares?)
Whether or not we'll use my wife's, I don't know, but the chances of getting value out of the eUps are probably higher than the other options. For example, the lower requalification level... Well, she only ever really travels with me, so E35K vs E50K doesn't really matter much.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Adam Smith

Whether or not we'll use my wife's, I don't know, but the chances of getting value out of the eUps are probably higher than the other options. For example, the lower requalification level... Well, she only ever really travels with me, so E35K vs E50K doesn't really matter much.
We are in the same boat. Somehow last year she mostly flew on purchased tickets. So far this year rewards only. So depending on how the year unfolds (will I end up using the credits, or, like last year, just a few), next year i may use the give E50k status for her instead of getting credits. Which I did in the past before they devalued the credits.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:41 pm

Trying to decide on bundle 1:
35% Altitude Bonus with Air Canada and select airline partners

Choose this Select Privilege and earn 35% Bonus Aeroplan Miles on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express, Air Canada Rouge, Copa Airlines and United. Also earn a 25% bonus on eligible flights operated by Austrian, brussels airlines, Lufthansa and Swiss.

This bonus applies to Aeroplan Miles earned for distance flown between January 1 and December 31, 2017. Note that if you qualify for a higher status with Early Recognition, the bonus applies as of when your status is confirmed by email. Bonus Aeroplan Miles are not Altitude Qualifying Miles and do not count towards reaching Altitude status.

OR

10 eUpgrade Credits

Choose this Select Privilege and eUpgrade Credits will be deposited into your aircanada.com eUpgrade account. Credits can be used on eligible flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Express and Air Canada Rouge in order to upgrade to Business Class, Premium Economy or Premium Rouge.

eUpgrade Credits are valid through February 28, 2018.

Since aeroplan is basically being replaced doesn't seem to be any point in getting the 35% bonus?
Old Jun 22, 2017, 8:46 pm
Moderator, Air Canada; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, FB Plat, WS Plat, BA Silver, DL GM, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, Accor Silver
The AC-Aeroplan divorce doesn't take effect until mid-2020. If you can spend the miles before then, the bonus may make sense.

But it will still come down to which you value more, the miles or the eUps.
Old Jun 22, 2017, 10:20 pm

Originally Posted by Adam Smith
The AC-Aeroplan divorce doesn't take effect until mid-2020. If you can spend the miles before then, the bonus may make sense.

But it will still come down to which you value more, the miles or the eUps.
I've never had eUps before so I have no idea how to value them. If the 35% bonus applies retroactively to all my flights in 2017 so far, then it might be the better choice.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 9:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Hellfire
I've never had eUps before so I have no idea how to value them. If the 35% bonus applies retroactively to all my flights in 2017 so far, then it might be the better choice.
35% is going to be (barring AQD shortcomings) at most 17.5k miles.

At a conservative 2cpm, that's $350 (or less).

What's a transcon upgrade (10 credits) worth to you?
Old Jun 23, 2017, 1:30 pm

35% is going to be (barring AQD shortcomings) at most 17.5k miles.

At a conservative 2cpm, that's $350 (or less).

What's a transcon upgrade (10 credits) worth to you?
Is that all it is for a transcon upgrade? 10 credits? Then I'll try out the eups.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 4:01 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Hellfire
Is that all it is for a transcon upgrade? 10 credits? Then I'll try out the eups.
10 from Low Flex; High Flex is 4 and Lat 2 I believe.
PY however, is 8. Currently.
Old Jun 23, 2017, 6:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: AC SE 2MM, HH Dd, SPG; IC Pl/A; AA; DL
Originally Posted by jc94
10 from Low Flex; High Flex is 4 and Lat 2 I believe.
PY however, is 8. Currently.
High Flex includes flight passes which in my experience cost about the same as flex non-flight pass. If flying a route often, this can be a great deal especially if you are SE but even for other Altitude classes. Trans-cons today end of day had empty seats going out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.