Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Dec 31, 2016, 11:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: tcook052
This new annual thread has been carved out of the previous thread in an effort to reduce the number of megathreads on the AC forum. For those interested previous versions are the original 2004 - 2014 thread , 2015 edition , and 2016 edition.

The original thread started by accident but quickly became a popular place to come and discuss off topic things such as hockey, new movies, or almost anything that wouldn't fit into existing AC forum threads. More Air Canada or Aeroplan topics such as flight feedback, in-flight services issues or mileage earning/redemption are all topics that should go into existing AC forum threads so others can benefit from this information. Topics about hotels or airlines and/or their loyalty programs or should be posted elsewhere on FT as should topics better suited to other forums such as Travel Products for questions about luggage or Travel Photography for discussion about cameras.

While the conversation is more relaxed as it would be in a lounge that doesn't mean however that the FT rules don't apply her as they definitely do so please refrain from controversial topics such as politics or religion, avoid profanities and treat other lounge patrons with the same respect you expect.

Sean Peever
FT Poster
Print Wikipost

The Forum Lounge Thread (2017)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AC SE MM, BA Gold, SQ Silver, Bonvoy Tit LTG, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by smallmj
Perhaps a full sized narrowbody (737/A320)? as opposed to a wide body or a regional jet/prop. That is going by the assumption that normal == medium for some people. What are you on now?
I was on a DH3.

Keep in mind I've heard both "this is huge" and "this is tiny" on a 320 though.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:33 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
Either your twisted ankle was extremely minor or you are one spoiled delicate Bum.
That was a joke .
Obviously I would rather walk than jumping around with one feet for a week (maybe two?)

I am actually okay flying TCON Y as long as it's on a 320 or 767 (they are okay , sometimes even quite comfortable, better than PY when no one is sitting in the middle seat, the latter is just too old)
Old Oct 29, 2017, 11:37 am

Programs: Only J via Peasant Points, 777HDPeasant or The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance and Narcissism.
Originally Posted by canadiancow
I just heard a passenger say "a normal size plane".

Not sure if they were referring to this one or their connection, but I don't know what a "normal size plane" is.
Might be coming off the Q400 or DC8?
I guess you could consider that a single aisle plane would be "normal" and a twin aisle would be considered "large"
Old Oct 29, 2017, 1:08 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
It's not about how big the plane is ... but how you fly it
smallmj likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 3:12 pm

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Ugh, it’s official: another year of Lewis Hamilton being the reigning F1 world champion
Old Oct 29, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Please note a few posts have been deleted as this thread wasn't meant as a place to house discussion of other airlines already underway in threads in other FT forums so please continue those discussion in the appropriate thread in the other airlines forums.

tcook052
AC forum Mod.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 10:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sean Peever
@yyznomad mail delivered, leaving for MCO now, byyyyyeeeeeee
Thanks @Sean Peever. First Class Peeverlator Courier service!

Also thanks for using the Mention, otherwise I would've never found this post.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Crazy WS game

Fun to watch WS G5.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 6:30 pm

Stranger Things 2 wasnt perfect, but it was really... really close.
I kinda teared up in the end, it actually brought back some really good(and some bad) childhood memory... the world was so pure, strange and large back then

Most shows can either tell an overarching story, or an emotional journey. Though those aiming for the latter rarely get it right, Stranger Things and Breaking Bad are true exceptions, every thing in S2 is building towards that last scene in the last episode that it will hit you like a train.

Last edited by Jumper Jack; Oct 30, 2017 at 6:38 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:04 pm

In the voice of Captain Kirk.... "SLAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

https://status.slack.com/2017-10/8b0d4d44ea53726f
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow
In the voice of Captain Kirk.... "SLAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

https://status.slack.com/2017-10/8b0d4d44ea53726f
remain calm and switch back to MSFT Lync
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:16 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
"Slack is where work happens." - Except when it's down.

MSFT Lync? Is that just Microsoft (for) Teams or something else? Teams "call" works at best 50% of the time, the rest the other end never gets a call request. When it does finally connect, the share feature is sluggish on a good day. The fact that you have initiate a call (that rarely works) to share is one of the many flaws in this beta software that should be best avoided.

And don't even get me started on it's memory usage. Long live Slack (when it works), HipChat, even SfB.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:18 pm

Originally Posted by jc94
"Slack is where work happens." - Except when it's down.

MSFT Lync? Is that just Microsoft (for) Teams or something else? Teams "call" works at best 50% of the time, the rest the other end never gets a call request. When it does finally connect, the share feature is sluggish on a good day. The fact that you have initiate a call (that rarely works) to share is one of the many flaws in this beta software that should be best avoided.

And don't even get me started on it's memory usage. Long live Slack (when it works), HipChat, even SfB.
As long as Slack doesn't offer screen share when it comes to Video Callings I don't see much use for it

I find lync outlook integration to be highly functional
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:19 pm

Slack is glorified IRC.

But I love(d) IRC, and the UI gets people to use it.

I'm a little surprised we don't host it ourselves though, which would hopefully prevent crap like this.

I know multiple companies that are currently in "don't release anything, don't do any maintenance, etc." mode because of Slack.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 6:20 pm

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by Jumper Jack
As long as Slack doesn't offer screen share when it comes to Video Callings I don't see much use for it

I find lync outlook integration to be highly functional
Oh maybe we were still using other options for sharing with Slack then. But if software offers something, it should be usable, more than half the time. A bit like the certain websites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.